Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: cod
Let The Chips Fall Where They May
Mac’s Fish and Chip Shop Santa Barbara, California (CLOSED) When you’re a European-born chef trained in classical French cuisine, it only stands to reason that the obvious thing to do in order to utilize your culinary talents is to open … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California, UK Tagged bangers, battered haggis, CA, California, candy bars, chippy, cod, deep-fried, fish and chips, fried, Ghirardelli chocolate, Grant MacNaughton, haggis, Mac, Mac's Fish and Chip Shop, Mac’s, mushy peas, Reese's Cup, Santa Barbara, Shalhoob Meat Comments Off on Let The Chips Fall Where They May
Chef Aquiles Chavez Rocks Houston
La Fisheria – Seafood Mexican Cocina Houston, Texas Driving down Inker Street, the place that once housed a Vietnamese restaurant in the up-and-coming and semi-trendy Houston section of The Heights is not easy to miss. The pastel makeover on the … Continue reading
Posted in Texas Tagged anise, Aquiles Chavez, Aquilisimo, Bacalao, Baja, bread pudding, caballito, capirotada, chef, chilmol, churros, cod, duck, El Toque de Aquiles, Enita Riveroll, escabache, fish, fish croquettes, gar, guachinango, Houston, La Fisheria, la Pescaderia, lamb, lobster, Mexican, Mexico, mussels, MX, naranja agria, nopal, octopus, pato mariscal, peje lagarto, pibil, pulpo, ratatouille, red snapper, relleno, Restaurant, risotto, Rock Cornish hen, Seafood Mexican Cocina, sour orange, Tabasco, Texas, The Fishery, The Heights, tostada, tuna, TX, Utilisimo, Valle de Guadalupe, vanilla, wine, xcatik, xtabentun, yellow fin, Yucatan Comments Off on Chef Aquiles Chavez Rocks Houston
The Only Dead Chef Is A Good Chef
Dead Chef Series at The Residency, Umamicatessen Los Angeles, California The Media Age has created a glut of celebrity chefs that are known more for their eccentric behavior, brash, on-camera demeanors, and globe-trotting searches for the most elaborate, exorbitant or … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California, Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged almond, bread soup, CA, California, chef, cod, Crostata di Mandorle, Dead Chef, fava beans, fennel, Genovese Tagliarini, Italian, Italy, L.A., Los Angeles, mackerel, Maestro Martino, Mezze, Micah Wexler, pasta, pastry, pesto, Rome, Sgombri con Zucchini e Finocci, suckling pig, Sylvia Woods, The Residency, Umamicatessen, Zanzarelli con Fava e Zafferano, zucchini Comments Off on The Only Dead Chef Is A Good Chef
A Fish Story Based On A Lye
Lutefisk Norway Some foods strike fear into the hearts of mortals; with each cautious bite we visualize the grim reaper taking us one step farther down the black velvet carpet towards a carriage drawn by the four horsemen of the … Continue reading
Posted in Europe, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged akvavit, aquavi, bacalhau, baccala, Berolina Bakery, CA, California, cod, fish, Glendale, krom krage, lefse, limpa, lingonberry, lutefisk, lye, meatballs, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Norrona Lodge, Norway, Norwegian, Olsen Fish Company, poor man's lobster, reconstituting, rice pudding, saippuakala, Scandinavian, soap fish, Sons of Norway, Van Nuys Comments Off on A Fish Story Based On A Lye