Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Author Archives: Val
capybara / chigüiro The capybara can be found in most South American countries, with a particularly large population in the Amazon. Its name comes from the Brazilian Tupi language meaning “one who eats slender leaves”, since their herbivorous diet is … Continue reading
Posted in South and Central America, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged Amazon, asadero, Bogota, Cajicá, capybara, chigüiro, Colombia, Leños y Palos, meat, Restaurante Brasas Llaneras, rodent, South America Comments Off on R.O.U.S
Let The Chips Fall Where They May
Mac’s Fish and Chip Shop Santa Barbara, California (CLOSED) When you’re a European-born chef trained in classical French cuisine, it only stands to reason that the obvious thing to do in order to utilize your culinary talents is to open … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California, UK Tagged bangers, battered haggis, CA, California, candy bars, chippy, cod, deep-fried, fish and chips, fried, Ghirardelli chocolate, Grant MacNaughton, haggis, Mac, Mac's Fish and Chip Shop, Mac’s, mushy peas, Reese's Cup, Santa Barbara, Shalhoob Meat Comments Off on Let The Chips Fall Where They May
Sons Of The Pioneers
Pioneer Chicken (Bab Han Kki, One Bite) Koreatown (Los Angeles), California Those who were living in Southern California in the 1970s may recall a time when Pioneer Pete was circling the wagons and flipping the bird at The Colonel; Pioneer … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged AFC Enterprises, Bab Han Kki, Bell Gardens, bizarre food, CA, California, chicken, Echo Park, French fries, fried chicken, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Korean, Koreatown, Koreatown Plaza, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, One Bite, Pioneer Chicken, Pioneer Market, Pioneer Pete, Pioneer Take Out, Popeye's, Soto Street, Trippy Food, Valentino Herrera, YouTube Comments Off on Sons Of The Pioneers
Dollar Hits Filipinotown (Los Angeles), California Apparently, no one went over the food truck rule book with Filipino upstarts Dollar Hits. For starters, the mobile kitchen isn’t – you can always find them on the middle of a block on … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Adidas, arozcaldo, Balut, Betamax, bizarre food, chicken, chicken feet, Dollar Hits, Elvie Chan, Filipino, Filipinotown, grill, intestine, Isaw ng baboy, Isaw ng manok, Kamikaze Kitchen, kwek-kwek, Los Angeles, Philippines, pig ear, Pinoy, pork, pork blood, porridge, quail eggs, skewers, street food, Trippy Food, Valentino Herrera Comments Off on Pinoy Noir