Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: grill
Dollar Hits Filipinotown (Los Angeles), California Apparently, no one went over the food truck rule book with Filipino upstarts Dollar Hits. For starters, the mobile kitchen isn’t – you can always find them on the middle of a block on … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Adidas, arozcaldo, Balut, Betamax, bizarre food, chicken, chicken feet, Dollar Hits, Elvie Chan, Filipino, Filipinotown, grill, intestine, Isaw ng baboy, Isaw ng manok, Kamikaze Kitchen, kwek-kwek, Los Angeles, Philippines, pig ear, Pinoy, pork, pork blood, porridge, quail eggs, skewers, street food, Trippy Food, Valentino Herrera Comments Off on Pinoy Noir
You Can Call Me Al
Cassell’s Hamburgers Los Angeles, California In the never-ending battle for burger supremacy in Los Angeles, heavyweights such as Father’s Office, Umami Burger, Plan Check, and even In-N-Out duke it out over hot grills across the Southland; but if you were … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Al Cassell, alligator, Aspen Ridge, burgers, CA, California, Cassell's, chef, Christian Page, chuck, Exotic Meat Market, Father's Office, ginger ale, grill, hamburgers, Hotel Normandie, In-N-Out, Koreatown, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Patio, Plan Check, potato salad, prime, Umami Burger, USDA 1 Comment
Who Cut The Cheese?
Raclette, Switzerland and France For millennia, cheese has been a part of almost every culture on earth capable of extracting milk from mammals in order to extend its shelf life. While some softer cheeses are fragile and are consumable for … Continue reading
Posted in France, Switzerland Tagged cheese, coupelle, France, grill, raclette, Switzerland, Tomme de Savoie 2 Comments
moko (***CLOSED***) Culver City, California Los Angeles’ Koreatown features a plethora of grill-it-yourself BBQ joints frequented by Angelenos, and while there’s something intoxicating about hearing raw animal flesh pop and crackle over a gas flame, there’s an undiscovered country of … Continue reading
Posted in Asia, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged Aperol, Asian pear, asparagus, banchan, bao, BBQ, beef, blood orange, blue shrimp, CA, California, citrus, Culver City, duck, Dungeness crab, egg custard, fluke, green tea shortcake, grill, hamachi, jeon, kimchi, Korea, Koreatown, Kumamoto, liqueur, lotus root, Manhattan, Maraschino, marrow, moko, namul, New Caledonian, Old Overholt, oysters, pancake, parfait, pork belly, rye, scallops, soju, squid, ssam, tuna, watermelon 2 Comments
What’s Eatin’ You, Kid?
Whole goat roast and beer garden event Tender Greens, Hollywood CA The U.S. has some catching up to do when it comes to enjoying the most popular meat on the planet – goat. Perhaps it’s their reputation as being surly … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged 24th Street Pale Ale, artichokes, asparagus, beer garden, black barley, blood orange, CA, California, Chef Eric Hulme, Chef Rian Brandenburg, Cuban, Dirty Blond Pale Ale, Eric Hulme, fava bean, goat, grill, Hollywood, kale, La Caja China, marinade, Meyer lemon, Parmesan, pastry, puree, Rich Marcello, roast, roasting box, shallots, smoker, Strand Brewing Company, strawberry rhubarb, Sunset Boulevard, tart, Tender Greens, white sea bass 6 Comments