Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: rye
I Left My Meat In San Francisco
Miller’s East Coast Deli San Francisco, California What kind of meshugeneh has the chutzpah to open a deli in San Francisco’s upscale Nob Hill neighborhood and brazenly sandwich “East Coast” in the title? Enter Robby Morgenstein, a Jewish kid from … Continue reading
Posted in San Francisco Tagged CA, California, Cel-Ray, chicken liver, deli, Delicatessen, Detroit, Dr. Brown, Gold Label, Jewish, kosher, Miller's East Coast Deli, Miller’s, Nob Hill, pastrami, Robby Morgenstein, rye, San Francisco, sandwich, Sy Ginsburg Comments Off on I Left My Meat In San Francisco
smoked meat Schwartz’s Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen Montréal, Québec, Canada Canadian popular culture has been fraught with conundrums throughout the decades – friendly debates that quickly escalate from checking to high-sticking such as who was a better player, Jean Béliveau or … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal Tagged Ben Kravitz, ben's, bread, brisket, CA, California, Canada, David McMillan, deli, Lester's Deli, Montreal, Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen, poutine, QC, Quebec, Redondo Beach, Redondo Beach Cafe, Reuben Schwartz, rye, sandwich, Schwartz, Schwartz’s, smoked meat, Trudeau Airport 2 Comments
Brent’s Delicatessen and Restaurant Northridge, California During my Wonder Years on the East Coast it was almost impossible to throw a bagel and not hit a decent deli; my prospects of doing likewise here on the Left Coast are not … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Brent's Delicatessen, Brent’s, burger, CA, California, cheddar, deli, Jewish, kishka, kosher, mushroom, Northridge, pickle, Ron Peskin, rye, salami, stuffed cabbage Comments Off on Indelicatessen
moko (***CLOSED***) Culver City, California Los Angeles’ Koreatown features a plethora of grill-it-yourself BBQ joints frequented by Angelenos, and while there’s something intoxicating about hearing raw animal flesh pop and crackle over a gas flame, there’s an undiscovered country of … Continue reading
Posted in Asia, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged Aperol, Asian pear, asparagus, banchan, bao, BBQ, beef, blood orange, blue shrimp, CA, California, citrus, Culver City, duck, Dungeness crab, egg custard, fluke, green tea shortcake, grill, hamachi, jeon, kimchi, Korea, Koreatown, Kumamoto, liqueur, lotus root, Manhattan, Maraschino, marrow, moko, namul, New Caledonian, Old Overholt, oysters, pancake, parfait, pork belly, rye, scallops, soju, squid, ssam, tuna, watermelon 2 Comments