Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: burger
Great Scot, Marty!
The Gorbals Los Angeles, California Since 2009, Angeleno foodies have braved a dodgy stretch of Downtown Los Angeles to experience Top Chef Ilan Hall’s gastropub, The Gorbals. In recent times, The Gorbals debuted a “sports bar” entrance on 5th Street, … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Alexandria Hotel, Armenian, banh mi, beets, Brussel sprouts, Brussels sprouts, burger, California, cheese curds, chef, chorizo, curry, Downtown, duck, Esquire, gastropub, Glasgow, Gorbals, Gorbals closing, grilled cheese, hamachi, Ilan Hall, Knife Fight, L.A., LA, lamb, latke, Los Angeles, mussels, nachos, Peter Haller, pig head, poutine, sea beans, sisig, Thai, Top Chef 2 Comments
The Sriracha Burger Slater’s 50/50, Southern California Southern California is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions; Old Testament, real wrath of God-type stuff: bottled fire and brimstone filling up garages! Sriracha cookbooks, pricey Sriracha Festivals, Sriracha ice cream sandwiches, … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged 50/50, bacon, burger, cock sauce, Elvis, Huy Fong Foods, Pasadena, peanut butter, Peanut Butter and Jellousy, rooster sauce, Slater's, Southern California, Sriracha, Srirachageddon, Srirachapocalypse, Thailand, Vampire Dip Comments Off on Srirachageddon It
Down On The Corner
The Corner Door Culver City, California The Corner Door in Culver City, California boasts a simple, austere exterior befitting of a quiet neighborhood watering hole happy to fly beneath the radar. The young bistro is certain to get shaken, not … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged agnolotti, Beau Du Bois, broccolini, burger, burrata, CA, California, cheese, chef, chocolate, corn, crudo, Culver City, elote, flatiron, grilled cheese, Hotel Cartagena, jicama, Kyle Schutte, Little Torch, mixologist.bartender, mussels, old-fashioned, paloma, Paso Prime, pastrami spice, Pecorino, powdered olive oil, red velvet, salmon, sockeye, steak, taco, tequila, Texas toast, Thai, The Corner Door, tortilla, Twinkie, Washington Boulevard Comments Off on Down On The Corner
Chili Con Carny
The 2013 Orange County Fair Costa Mesa, California The Orange County Fair is an annual event that evokes a range of emotions, from eager anticipation of what gastronomic Frankensteinian contraption will be the talk of the county fair season to … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged ARC, Australian Battered Potatoes, Bacon A-fair, Biggie's Meat Market, burger, CA, California, Candy Factory, Carl, chef, Chicken Charlie's, Circus, cockroach, corn, Costa Mesa, deep-fried, Depeche Mode, Dogzilla, Dr. Entomo's, Dragon Knights, Ghirardelli, ghost chile, Grantburger, hot dog, jalapeno, Juicy's, Krispy Kreme, Livestock Showring, llama, Millennium Barn, Noah Blom, OC Fair, Orange County Fair, Pacific Amphitheatre, Palace of Exotic Wonders, pickles, Pinks, Prehistoric Pets, Procrastinators, Ray Duey, red velvet cake, Russell Brothers, sausage, Scoop, scorpions, sloppy joe, stilt, Strangelove, Tasti Chips, The Hangar, The Playground, tribute bands, Waffle Dog, walkers, wiener, Zach Scherer Comments Off on Chili Con Carny
Meat Me In Harvard Square
Mr. Bartley’s Gourmet Burgers Cambridge, Massachusetts Up until a decade or two ago, Harvard Square was the kind of place where you could browse through record stores like Strawberries, and maybe pick up the latest Rolling Stone, Circus or Creem … Continue reading
Posted in New England Tagged Boston, burger, Burger Cottage, Cambridge, Gourmet Burgers, Guy Fieri, hamburger, Harvard Square, MA, Mass, Massachusetts, Mr. Bartley's Comments Off on Meat Me In Harvard Square