Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: salmon
This Blogger Walks Into A Roadhouse…
Roadhouse LA at The Improv Los Angeles, California Roadhouse LA’s frontage features roll-up windows, corrugated tin and stone trim and an unfinished barn door entrance – a comforting sight for a bubba looking for some backwoods chow and a contrast … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged #cornbreadpudding, Adam Fleischman, arancini, Atlanta, bacon, barbecue, BBQ, borage, CA, California, campfire, carrots, chef, chicken-fried, cilantro, collard green, cornbread, Fatty 'Cue, fish taco, GA, Georgia, global, hamachi, Hollywood, jalapeno, Jimmy Dalton, L.A., lamb, Little Dickel Dew Ya, Los Angeles, marshmallow, Mountain Dew, Niman Ranch, peaches, peanuts, pork, pudding, ribs, rind, road house, roadhouse, Roadhouse LA, Robbie Richter, root beer, salmon, smoked, spice, tequila, The Improv, watermelon 2 Comments
Down On The Corner
The Corner Door Culver City, California The Corner Door in Culver City, California boasts a simple, austere exterior befitting of a quiet neighborhood watering hole happy to fly beneath the radar. The young bistro is certain to get shaken, not … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged agnolotti, Beau Du Bois, broccolini, burger, burrata, CA, California, cheese, chef, chocolate, corn, crudo, Culver City, elote, flatiron, grilled cheese, Hotel Cartagena, jicama, Kyle Schutte, Little Torch, mixologist.bartender, mussels, old-fashioned, paloma, Paso Prime, pastrami spice, Pecorino, powdered olive oil, red velvet, salmon, sockeye, steak, taco, tequila, Texas toast, Thai, The Corner Door, tortilla, Twinkie, Washington Boulevard Comments Off on Down On The Corner
Where There’s Smoke, There’s Fish
Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish South Pasadena, Florida The words “Ted Peters” don’t readily roll off the tongue when asked to name a renowned destination for seafood; “smoked fish” is probably not one’s first guess for a culinary treatment to … Continue reading
Posted in Gulf Coast States Tagged Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, fish, fish spread, FL, Florida, German, mackerel, mullet, potato salad, red oak, salmon, sandwich, smoked, South Pasadena, Ted Peters Famous Smoked Fish Comments Off on Where There’s Smoke, There’s Fish
Tavern Off The Green
City Tavern Culver City, California Those of you expecting Culver City’s City Tavern to resemble the kind of place Paul Revere may have stopped in for a pint of ale may be disappointed, although to their credit, the space looks … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged apple tart, Asian pear, burrata, CA, California, Carmela ice cream, cheesebutternut squash, cheesy poofs, chocolate tart, Cismontane, City Tavern, Culver City, fig, fried chicken, fried green tomato, Mondo’s Cream Ale, opah, poutine, pumpkin seeds, salmon, salted caramel, Shaka XPA, shrimp and grits, skate, Surf Brewery, Surfer’s Point Vienna Lager, Table Tap Comments Off on Tavern Off The Green
Hats Off To Larry
Larry’s Venice, California Venice Beach, California is legendary for its kitsch and culture; on a typical day’s stroll along Ocean Front Walk you’re likely to encounter knife juggles on ladders, turbaned roller skating guitarists, fledgling filmmakers, breakdance and aerobatic squads, … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged acini de pepe, Alexander's, Allan Benton, bacon, balsamic, Brendan Collins, burger, CA, California, camarónes, chef, crème fraiche, diablo, eel, Erwin Sokol, foie gras, hats, Hats Off to Larry, horseradish, Hotel Erwin, James Beard, jelly, lamb, Larry Bell, Larry's, Madeira, malt extract, osso buco, piccalilli, pizza, Rathmullan, salmon, Sgt. Pepper's, shank, shrimp, Sonoma, Spacecraft Group, terrine, Venice, Waterloo and City 2 Comments