Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: tequila
This Blogger Walks Into A Roadhouse…
Roadhouse LA at The Improv Los Angeles, California Roadhouse LA’s frontage features roll-up windows, corrugated tin and stone trim and an unfinished barn door entrance – a comforting sight for a bubba looking for some backwoods chow and a contrast … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged #cornbreadpudding, Adam Fleischman, arancini, Atlanta, bacon, barbecue, BBQ, borage, CA, California, campfire, carrots, chef, chicken-fried, cilantro, collard green, cornbread, Fatty 'Cue, fish taco, GA, Georgia, global, hamachi, Hollywood, jalapeno, Jimmy Dalton, L.A., lamb, Little Dickel Dew Ya, Los Angeles, marshmallow, Mountain Dew, Niman Ranch, peaches, peanuts, pork, pudding, ribs, rind, road house, roadhouse, Roadhouse LA, Robbie Richter, root beer, salmon, smoked, spice, tequila, The Improv, watermelon 2 Comments
Down On The Corner
The Corner Door Culver City, California The Corner Door in Culver City, California boasts a simple, austere exterior befitting of a quiet neighborhood watering hole happy to fly beneath the radar. The young bistro is certain to get shaken, not … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged agnolotti, Beau Du Bois, broccolini, burger, burrata, CA, California, cheese, chef, chocolate, corn, crudo, Culver City, elote, flatiron, grilled cheese, Hotel Cartagena, jicama, Kyle Schutte, Little Torch, mixologist.bartender, mussels, old-fashioned, paloma, Paso Prime, pastrami spice, Pecorino, powdered olive oil, red velvet, salmon, sockeye, steak, taco, tequila, Texas toast, Thai, The Corner Door, tortilla, Twinkie, Washington Boulevard Comments Off on Down On The Corner
You Think I’m Psycho, Don’t You Mama?
Psycho Donuts Campbell, California It would be a forgivable mistake to dismiss Silicon Valley’s Psycho Donuts as a novelty store – the windows and glass doors on the otherwise normal-looking storefront in a tiny Campbell, California strip mall are plastered … Continue reading
Posted in San Jose CA Tagged bacon, Bunny Ballz, CA, Cadbury, California, Campbell, Cereal Killer, chef, Chirp Derp, Comfortably Numb, crickets, Doctor of Donut Derangement, donut, Donut Guy, Donut Showdown, doughnut, eggs, Food Network Canada, Glazed and Confused, Headbanger, insects, Jordan Zweigororn, maguey, maple, mealworms, mescal, Monte Cristo, National Doughnut Day, peep show, Psycho Donuts, Rabbit Roadkill, Ron Levi, San Jose, Silicon Valley, Sticky Monkey, Strawberry Margarita, tequila, Voodoo Doughnut, Web Granger, worm, Worm Hole 2 Comments
Extreme Chef viewing party Café Pinot, Los Angeles CA I was unfamiliar with the Food Network’s show Extreme Chef until I received an invitation to a viewing party of the episode featuring Chef Kevin Meehan, the Executive Chef at L.A.’s … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged 29, Amigo’s Tortilla Bar, bison, blue corn, brisket, buffalo, burger, CA, cactus, Café Pinot, California, chef, chicken, chili, cowboy, Extreme Chef, Firewater, Food Network, gazpacho, Gina Clarke, ice cream, Kevin Meehan, Key West, L.A., Los Angeles, Malibu Seaside, meatballs, mille-feuille, palms, Paul Menta, rattlesnake, ribs, salad, smoked trout, snake, tequila, Twenty-nine, viewing party, wings Comments Off on Serpentine Fire
The Scarlet Letter
Red O Restaurant Los Angeles CA In mid-2010, celebrity chef Rick Bayless decided to expand his empire past Chicago and offer Mexican fine dining at Red O in the city just north of where they simply call Mexican food “food” … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged 123, agua fresca, al Guajillo, amaranth, añejo, avocado, blanco, Bloody Mary, brunch, CA, California, caramel, chilaquiles, churros, crab, Dungeness, eggs, garden, Garrett, granola, guacamole, Huevos a la Mexicana, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Mexican, Mexico, Michelada, mixologist, Montulenos, popcorn, Red O, reposado, Restaurant, Rick Bayless, shrimp, squid, Steve Calabro, tequila, The Scarlet Letter, tomatillo, tortilla, watermelon 1 Comment