Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Category Archives: Mexico
Taco Tuesdays at The Abbey West Hollywood, California Who wouldn’t want to see Tuesdays wiped off the map, that useless pretender of a weekday nestled between the punishing, seventh level of hell day of reckoning we call Monday and the … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Southern California Tagged ahi, Bakery, CA, California, carnitas, cheese, chicken, chile, Christina Aguilera, cilantro, coffee, Daniel Emaleh, David Cooley, ding dongs, executive chef, feta, fish, Food and Bar, Jidori, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Mangalitssa, Margarita, olive oil, pigs, poblano, pork, red velvet, rosemary, steak, Sweet Lady Jane, Taco Tuesdays, tacos, The Abbey, thyme, West Hollywood Comments Off on Dear Abbey
The Scarlet Letter
Red O Restaurant Los Angeles CA In mid-2010, celebrity chef Rick Bayless decided to expand his empire past Chicago and offer Mexican fine dining at Red O in the city just north of where they simply call Mexican food “food” … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged 123, agua fresca, al Guajillo, amaranth, añejo, avocado, blanco, Bloody Mary, brunch, CA, California, caramel, chilaquiles, churros, crab, Dungeness, eggs, garden, Garrett, granola, guacamole, Huevos a la Mexicana, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Mexican, Mexico, Michelada, mixologist, Montulenos, popcorn, Red O, reposado, Restaurant, Rick Bayless, shrimp, squid, Steve Calabro, tequila, The Scarlet Letter, tomatillo, tortilla, watermelon 1 Comment
Fellowship of the Ring
Rosca de Reyes Mexico I was aware of the tradition of the King Cake, a Mardi Gras staple decorated with familiar gold, green and purple icing and hiding a tiny plastic baby Jesus like some confectionary Cracker Jack pastry where … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged Alex Peña, Bakemark, Bakery, bolillos, breadRosca de Reyes, Brioche des Rois, butter, CA, California, Candlemas, Catholic, cherries, chocolate, Christmas, cinnamon, conchas, corn, December, Día de La Candelaria, egg, Epiphany, Fat Tuesday, February, figs, flour, green apple, guava, Herod, January, Jesus, King, King Cake, Kings' Ring, L.A., LA, La Morenita, Los Angeles, Maraschino, Mardi Gras, masa, Mexican, Mexico, pan dulce, panettone, paste, plastic baby, proofer, quince, ring, shortening, sugar, syrup, tamales, tradition, wise men 7 Comments
24th Annual California Avocado Festival Carpinteria, California The ever-popular avocado originated in Puebla, Mexico, where the family patriarch can still be found locally in the form of the small, black, gourd-shaped fruit called “criollo”. The Spanish were the first to … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), Trippy Happenings (Events), USA Tagged aguacate, alligator pear, avocado, buttermilk, cactus, California, Carpinteria, chayote, CJ Produce, Cold Stone Creamery, county, criollo, Fallbrook, Fallen Stars, festival, guacamole, guava, Guinness Book of World's Records, Hass, ice cream, Lilly Hoopz, Linden Ave, Lions Club, Mestizo, Mexico, Nahuatl, nopales, Puebla, Rainbow Ice Cream, San Diego, smoothie, teacake, testicle, tri-tip 1 Comment