Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: lobster
Oliver’s Prime at the Grafton on Sunset West Hollywood, California The Grafton on Sunset hotel has been a crash pad in the thick of Hollywood’s fabled Sunset Strip since 1946, leaving a lamplight burning from the Tinseltown glamor set to … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged ahi, bison, broccolini, chef, Creekstone, dry-aged, Durham, Greg Elkin, lamb chops, lobster, New York strip, rolls, Strip, tartare, tuna, Wagyu Comments Off on Prime Time
Chef Aquiles Chavez Rocks Houston
La Fisheria – Seafood Mexican Cocina Houston, Texas Driving down Inker Street, the place that once housed a Vietnamese restaurant in the up-and-coming and semi-trendy Houston section of The Heights is not easy to miss. The pastel makeover on the … Continue reading
Posted in Texas Tagged anise, Aquiles Chavez, Aquilisimo, Bacalao, Baja, bread pudding, caballito, capirotada, chef, chilmol, churros, cod, duck, El Toque de Aquiles, Enita Riveroll, escabache, fish, fish croquettes, gar, guachinango, Houston, La Fisheria, la Pescaderia, lamb, lobster, Mexican, Mexico, mussels, MX, naranja agria, nopal, octopus, pato mariscal, peje lagarto, pibil, pulpo, ratatouille, red snapper, relleno, Restaurant, risotto, Rock Cornish hen, Seafood Mexican Cocina, sour orange, Tabasco, Texas, The Fishery, The Heights, tostada, tuna, TX, Utilisimo, Valle de Guadalupe, vanilla, wine, xcatik, xtabentun, yellow fin, Yucatan Comments Off on Chef Aquiles Chavez Rocks Houston
Cafe Noir Is The New Black
Cafe Noir Santa Monica, California Santa Monica’s Cafe Noir stealthily hides in the open, a converted ninja bistro dressed in black and only slightly hinting at its former life as Madame Chou Chou on artsy and hipster Main Street. One … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged beet salad, Bistro, black, blue, bone marrow, bouillabaisse, CA, Cafe Noir, California, chanterelle, cheese, chef, chocolate, crudo, duxelle, fish, French, hamachi, lamb shank, lobster, Madame Chou Chou, Main Street, Manila clams, mushrooms, mussels, paella, pork belly, Portobello, saffron, santa monica, shitake, shrimp, soufflé, squid, St. Agur, trout, Vincent Carneau Comments Off on Cafe Noir Is The New Black
Maple Leaf Rag
Cabane à sucre (sugar shack) Québec Province, Northern New England Unless you were whelped and spent your formative years in the northern extremities of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont or in lower Québec Province, being misinformed as to what a … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal, New England, Québec, Saint Nicolas Tagged Au Pied du Cochon, Aunt Jemima, baked beans, cabane a sucre, Cafe Buade, chicharrón, corn, corn syrup, Coureur des Bois, crepes, egg, Eggspectation, érablière, Erabliere du Cap, Ernie Barnes, foie gras, Gilles Gosselin, ham, high fructose, Jean-Talon, Jimmy Gilmer, L' Érablière du Cap, Les Délices de l'Érable, lobster, Log Cabin, Maine, maple, Marche, Marche du Vieux-Port, Marche Jean-Talon, Martin Picard, meat pie, Montreal, Mrs. Butterworth, New England, New Hampshire, Nouvelle-France, omelet, oreilles de crisse, pancakes, pork rind, potatoes, pouding chômeur, Quebec, Québecers, Saint Nicolas, sap, sausage, squirrel, St-Nicolas, sugar, sugar bush, sugar house, sugar pie, sugar shack, syrup, table d'hôtepea soup, taffee, tap, tire d'érable, toffee, tourtière, Vermont, wooden spoons Comments Off on Maple Leaf Rag