Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: sausage
I Believe I’ll Have Somoa
Samoa Cookhouse Samoa, California As the sun peeks its smiling face over the horizon, a clang of the bell and a call of “Come and get it” echoes over the channel into Arcata Bay, beckoning early risers to a hearty … Continue reading
Posted in Northern California Tagged Arcata Bay, Avenue of the Giants, bacon, biscuits, breakfast, CA, California, coffee, cook, Cookhouse, edgers, eggs, Eureka, graders, gravy, Hammond, Highway 101, Humboldt Bay Maritime Museum, Lumber, lumberjack, museum, pancakes, redwood, Samoa, sausage, saw mill, sawyers, Vance 2 Comments
Where There’s Smoke, There’s Beer
Beer dinners Kings Row Gastropub, Pasadena, California Since opening as the first true gastropub in Pasadena, Kings Row Gastropub has aggressively presented culinary events such as whole hog roasts (or whatever flora and fauna fit in their custom-made Caja China). … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged amuse bouche, apple, arugula, beer, beer dinner, beets, Bo Pils, Brewery, Brussels sprouts, CA, California, California Love, candy bar, chef, chowder, chutney, Cicerone, clam, curry, duck, ducketta, farmhouse ale, gnocchi, gosht, gouda, Groundwork coffee porter, James Willison, Jonathan Porter, King's Row Gastropub, Kings Row, lamb, Laurie Porter, leek, Make-out Session Pale Ale, melon, oak, Pasadena, pie, pinot noir, porchetta, potato, rice, Saison, sausage, Smog City, smoke, Smoke and Beers, Snickers, Sundeep Vohra, Sunny, taro, The Nothing, Torrance Comments Off on Where There’s Smoke, There’s Beer
Chili Con Carny
The 2013 Orange County Fair Costa Mesa, California The Orange County Fair is an annual event that evokes a range of emotions, from eager anticipation of what gastronomic Frankensteinian contraption will be the talk of the county fair season to … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged ARC, Australian Battered Potatoes, Bacon A-fair, Biggie's Meat Market, burger, CA, California, Candy Factory, Carl, chef, Chicken Charlie's, Circus, cockroach, corn, Costa Mesa, deep-fried, Depeche Mode, Dogzilla, Dr. Entomo's, Dragon Knights, Ghirardelli, ghost chile, Grantburger, hot dog, jalapeno, Juicy's, Krispy Kreme, Livestock Showring, llama, Millennium Barn, Noah Blom, OC Fair, Orange County Fair, Pacific Amphitheatre, Palace of Exotic Wonders, pickles, Pinks, Prehistoric Pets, Procrastinators, Ray Duey, red velvet cake, Russell Brothers, sausage, Scoop, scorpions, sloppy joe, stilt, Strangelove, Tasti Chips, The Hangar, The Playground, tribute bands, Waffle Dog, walkers, wiener, Zach Scherer Comments Off on Chili Con Carny
Wicked Pissa Pizza
Pizza in Boston In the great American pizza wars, there are generally two superpowers still standing when the smoke clears – on the eastern front, we have New York City with its legendary fold-and-funnel slices, replete with oozing cheese and … Continue reading
Posted in New England Tagged Alan Richman, Boston, Boston Magazine, cheese, Chicago, garlic, Greek, House of Pizza, ice cream, Italian, lamb, MA, Massachusetts, New York City, Nick's, Picco, pie, pissa, pizza, Polcari's, Regina Pizzeria, Rick Katz, Santarpio, Santarpio's, sausage, sausages, skewers, steak tips, Uno, Wicked Comments Off on Wicked Pissa Pizza
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Poutine
P’tit Soleil Los Angeles (Westwood), California I admit up front that I can come across sounding like a broken record decrying the aberration that is passed off as poutine in Southern California, truly a slap in the face to foreign … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Bakery, beer, Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel, CA, California, Canada, Canadian, cheese, chef, classique, cognac, Crevettes Heather, curds, Ding Dong, Drake's, duck cake, Dulton, egg roll, French Canadian, French fries, Galvaude, Gâteau au Canard, gravy, Harissa, Hostess, L.A., Los Angeles, Luc Alarie, Malik, Marat, Mario, meat pie, Merguez, pastry, poutine, P’tit Soleil, Quebec, Québécois, Roule de Choux, Route des Epices, sausage, shrimp, Simon Chen, Soleil Westwood, squeak, Tastykakes, tourtière, Vachon, Westwood Comments Off on I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Poutine