Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: Krispy Kreme
Much Ado About Dunkin’
Dunkin’ Donuts Santa Monica, California This is the city: Los Angeles. I work here. I carry a box of doughnuts. In a metropolitan area that nearly 12 million Angelenos and transplants call home, you would think a box franchise staking … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Bogota, Bulevar Mall, CA, California, Camp Pendleton, coffee, Colombia, cronut, DD, Dominique Ansel, donut, Donut Man, Donut Snob, doughnut, Dunkies, Dunkin' Donuts, Eater LA, Fluffernutter, foie gras, Fred, In-N-Out, Kane's, Krispy Kreme, KTLA, L.A., LA, LAist, Los Angeles, Michael Vale, Munchkin, Nickel Diner, Quincy, santa monica, Saugus, Starbucks, time to make the doughnuts, Weldon Spangler, Wendy Burch, Winchells, Yum Yum 2 Comments
Chili Con Carny
The 2013 Orange County Fair Costa Mesa, California The Orange County Fair is an annual event that evokes a range of emotions, from eager anticipation of what gastronomic Frankensteinian contraption will be the talk of the county fair season to … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged ARC, Australian Battered Potatoes, Bacon A-fair, Biggie's Meat Market, burger, CA, California, Candy Factory, Carl, chef, Chicken Charlie's, Circus, cockroach, corn, Costa Mesa, deep-fried, Depeche Mode, Dogzilla, Dr. Entomo's, Dragon Knights, Ghirardelli, ghost chile, Grantburger, hot dog, jalapeno, Juicy's, Krispy Kreme, Livestock Showring, llama, Millennium Barn, Noah Blom, OC Fair, Orange County Fair, Pacific Amphitheatre, Palace of Exotic Wonders, pickles, Pinks, Prehistoric Pets, Procrastinators, Ray Duey, red velvet cake, Russell Brothers, sausage, Scoop, scorpions, sloppy joe, stilt, Strangelove, Tasti Chips, The Hangar, The Playground, tribute bands, Waffle Dog, walkers, wiener, Zach Scherer Comments Off on Chili Con Carny
Dollars To Donuts
The Trippy Food Doughnut Extravaganza The ubiquitous doughnut is the staple of office meetings across the country, Homer Simpson’s superfood, and makes all the cops in the doughnut shops go, “Way-o, way-o”; it seems as though the lowly ring of … Continue reading
Posted in USA Tagged baked, Bakery, Beach City Baked Donuts, Bellflower Bagels, Big Donut, Blue Star Donuts, CA, cake, California, Cat Daddy, chef, Chicken Charlie's, Dale's, DD's, donut, doughnut, Dunkies, Dunkin' Donuts, fauxnut, fōnuts, Glendora, green tea, Hanson Gregory, Hot Now, Inglewood, Japan, Japanese, Jim Nakano, Kane's, Kindle's, Krispy Kreme, L.A., LA, La Puente, Los Angeles, Luther Burger, maple bacon, Maple Bacon Bar, Massachuesttss, Micah Camden, Monica May, mung bean, Nancy Truman, National Doughnut Day, NE, Nebraska, Nickel Diner, Omaha, Open Kettle, Oregon, peach, Pelton, Pogson, Portland, potato, Quincy, raised, Randy's, red velvet, Round Rock, Salt Lake City, Salvation Army, Saugus, Spudnut, steamed, strawberry, Swirls, Texas, Texas Donuts, The Donut Hole, The Donut man, Tim Horton's, Tres Shannon, TX, uji-kin, UT, Utah, Vernon Rudolph, Voodoo Doll, Voodoo Doughnuts, Waylynn Lucas, Weintraub, William Rosenburg 6 Comments
Fair and Sunny
The 2010 Los Angeles County Fair Pomona, California As it has for generations before us, the thought of the county fair evokes images of crisp fall air, candy apples and cotton candy, midway games and admiring the results of agricultural … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged afterbirth, avocado, barn, burgers, California, Captain Hook, carnival, Charlie Boghosian, chicken, Chicken Charlie, county, crawfish, Deep End Dining, deep-fried, Dr. Bob's, Eddie Lin, etouffee, fair, frog legs, goats, Harold and Belle's, ice cream, Jack Sparrow, jambalaya, kielbasa, Klondike Bar, Krispy Kreme, livestock, Los Angeles, McDonalds, midway, Oreo, oxen, pigs, Pirate's Life, Pirates For Hire, placenta, Pomona, s'mores, sandwich, sausages, sheep, soy sauce, turkey legs, Twinkies, White Castle, yak 4 Comments