Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: coffee
The Tao Of Taos
Taos Pueblo, New Mexico Americans of European ancestry imagine a trip to Taos, New Mexico should include browsing through the galleries and studios of the vibrant century-old artist community or a day of exceptional skiing at Taos Ski Valley, yet … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Tagged adobe, Adobe Cafe, American, blue corn, coffee, Columbus, fry bread, Hlaauma, Hlaukkwima, Indian, Kodak, Mary Esther Winters, mica, mission, native, New Mexico, New York, NM, pine nuts, piñon, pottery, pueblo, red willows, Saint Jerome, San Geronimo, Taos, tribal, tribe, World's Fair Comments Off on The Tao Of Taos
I Believe I’ll Have Somoa
Samoa Cookhouse Samoa, California As the sun peeks its smiling face over the horizon, a clang of the bell and a call of “Come and get it” echoes over the channel into Arcata Bay, beckoning early risers to a hearty … Continue reading
Posted in Northern California Tagged Arcata Bay, Avenue of the Giants, bacon, biscuits, breakfast, CA, California, coffee, cook, Cookhouse, edgers, eggs, Eureka, graders, gravy, Hammond, Highway 101, Humboldt Bay Maritime Museum, Lumber, lumberjack, museum, pancakes, redwood, Samoa, sausage, saw mill, sawyers, Vance 2 Comments
Much Ado About Dunkin’
Dunkin’ Donuts Santa Monica, California This is the city: Los Angeles. I work here. I carry a box of doughnuts. In a metropolitan area that nearly 12 million Angelenos and transplants call home, you would think a box franchise staking … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Bogota, Bulevar Mall, CA, California, Camp Pendleton, coffee, Colombia, cronut, DD, Dominique Ansel, donut, Donut Man, Donut Snob, doughnut, Dunkies, Dunkin' Donuts, Eater LA, Fluffernutter, foie gras, Fred, In-N-Out, Kane's, Krispy Kreme, KTLA, L.A., LA, LAist, Los Angeles, Michael Vale, Munchkin, Nickel Diner, Quincy, santa monica, Saugus, Starbucks, time to make the doughnuts, Weldon Spangler, Wendy Burch, Winchells, Yum Yum 2 Comments
Prose and Kahn’s
Red Med at Formosa West Hollywood, California Of late, the Hollywood hotspot that once was the place to see and be seen has been looking a little long in the tooth; back in 1925 when boxer Jimmy Bernstein turned a … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Adam Fleischman, CA, California, chef, chicken wings, coffee, Formosa, Formosa Cafe, Handsome, Jimmy Bernstein, Jordan Kahn, Nuoc Leo, papaya, Red Car, Red Med, Red Medicine, rice cakes, rock shrimp, steak tartare, Taiwan, West Hollywood Comments Off on Prose and Kahn’s
A Fair Fare Affair
The 2012 Orange County Fair Costa Mesa, California The Orange County Fair has firmly entrenched itself into Southern California culture as the bellwether of the often lunatic cuisine represented at the other area county fairs. In recent years they have … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged bacon.chicken-fried bacon, Biggie's Meat Market, CA, California, Caveman Turkey Leg, chicken, Chicken Charlie's, coffee, Costa Mesa, Dominic Palmyra, fair, Funnel Cakes, gelato, gouda, Hussong's, La Super Costilla, maple bacon doughnut, Maui, Meat-on-Meat Dog, mushroom, OC, Orange County, pineapple, pork, Porkabello, potato chips, red velvet, shrimp, SPAM, Tasti Chips, Texas Donuts, Texas Tenderloin, The Big Rib, Toucan Comments Off on A Fair Fare Affair