Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: museum
I Believe I’ll Have Somoa
Samoa Cookhouse Samoa, California As the sun peeks its smiling face over the horizon, a clang of the bell and a call of “Come and get it” echoes over the channel into Arcata Bay, beckoning early risers to a hearty … Continue reading
Posted in Northern California Tagged Arcata Bay, Avenue of the Giants, bacon, biscuits, breakfast, CA, California, coffee, cook, Cookhouse, edgers, eggs, Eureka, graders, gravy, Hammond, Highway 101, Humboldt Bay Maritime Museum, Lumber, lumberjack, museum, pancakes, redwood, Samoa, sausage, saw mill, sawyers, Vance 2 Comments
Musée Mécanique San Francisco, California Those old enough to remember the plethora of amusement parks and piers along the east and west coasts will undoubtedly recall the arcades and fun houses that were well-stocked with manual pinball machines, Skee Balls, … Continue reading
Posted in Northern California, San Francisco Tagged amusement park, arcade, Barber Shop Quart, Blazing Saddles, CA, California, Cliff House, Ed Zelinsky, Fisherman's Wharf, fortune teller, fun house, games, Jolly Jack, Laffing Sal, mechanical, Musée Mécanique, museum, mutoscopes, nickelodeons, Ocean Beach, orchestrion, peep show, Pier 45, pinball, player piano, Playland, Pong, San Francisco, Skee Ball, Toothpick Fantasy, Whac-A-Mole, Wurlitzer Comments Off on Machine Head
Night At The Museum
Ray’s and Stark Bar LACMA, Los Angeles, California It’s comforting to know that as you leave the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, you can now free your mind from trying to determine if those were supposed to be body … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged Andouille, artichoke, bar bites, California, charcuterie, cheese, chef, cocktails, Cynar, flatbread, fontina, fried head cheese, ham, ice, Italian Stallion, Kris Morningstar, L.A., LA, LACMA, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, meatballs, Michel Dozois, museum, mushroom, Névé, Night At The Museum, olives, pizza, Ray Stark, Ray's, sage, sausage, spicy, Stark Bar, Steel Magnolias Comments Off on Night At The Museum
Crying All The Way To The Bank
The Liberace Museum Las Vegas, Nevada Las Vegas, Nevada is a monument to excess, a flamboyant, gaudy, over-the-top adult Disneyland. It is for this reason that the Liberace Museum is perfectly at home there, a palace in the desert built … Continue reading
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog
Halloween in Salem, Massachuestts Salem, Massachusetts is as synonymous with Halloween as Times Square is with New Year’s Eve, and with good reason; Salem has the dubious reputation of having burned witches at the stake in the early years of … Continue reading