Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: flatbread
Some Assembly Required
Scandinavian food at IKEA If the first thing you think of at the mention of the name “IKEA” is throwing a half-assembled particle-board desk down a flight of stairs with bruised knuckles and cut fingers, you’re not alone; for decades … Continue reading
Posted in Scandinavia Tagged Abba, Bistro, cheese, coffee, crawfish, crisp bread, elder flower, fish, flatbread, glögg, herring, IKEA, julbord, knäckebröd, lingonberry, Matjes, meatballs, Prästost, Restaurant, roe, salted licorice, Scandinavian, smorgasbord, Sweden, Swedish Food Market, UTZ Comments Off on Some Assembly Required
Drunks Along The Mohawk
Mohawk Bend Echo Park (L.A.), California Leave it to Tony Yanow, the producer behind the hit “Tony’s Darts Away” in Burbank, California to debut his next project in the resurrection of a 100 year-old vaudeville house in Los Angeles’ hip, … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged Abe Froman, absinthe, bacon, beer lights, Burbank, CA, calamari, California, craft beer, crostado, date, Dork, duck, Echo Park, egg, eggplant, Flash Gordon, flatbread, Holy Trinity, ink, JJ Kale, kale, L.A., LA, licorice, Los Angeles, Margarita, Mohawk Bend, mozzarella, pizza, pork, squid, tempura, Tony Yanow, Tony's Darts Away, vegan, vegetables, vegetarian, vintage 4 Comments
Big in Japan
Chaya Downtown’s Japanese Beer Garden Los Angeles CA Summer is here, and in Southern California that means long hours of daylight, the perfect conditions for al fresco dining (and drinking). For the second year in a row, the Tsunoda family … Continue reading
Posted in Asia, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged beef, beer, CA, California, Chaya, chef, corn, dates, Downtown, elote, flatbread, garden, Hibiki, Hokkaido, Japan, Japanese, Kazuya Matsuoka, kimchi, Kobe, kushiyaki, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Medjool, miso, oysters, ponzu, sake, scallop, Shigefumi Tachibe, shishito peppers, shitake, short rib, skewers, spicy tuna, tempura, tongue, Tsunoda, whiskey, whisky, yakitori, Yamazaki, yuzu Comments Off on Big in Japan
Night At The Museum
Ray’s and Stark Bar LACMA, Los Angeles, California It’s comforting to know that as you leave the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, you can now free your mind from trying to determine if those were supposed to be body … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged Andouille, artichoke, bar bites, California, charcuterie, cheese, chef, cocktails, Cynar, flatbread, fontina, fried head cheese, ham, ice, Italian Stallion, Kris Morningstar, L.A., LA, LACMA, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, meatballs, Michel Dozois, museum, mushroom, Névé, Night At The Museum, olives, pizza, Ray Stark, Ray's, sage, sausage, spicy, Stark Bar, Steel Magnolias Comments Off on Night At The Museum
Lucia, You Got Some ‘Splaining To Do
SWEA Swedish Christmas Fair Shrine Expo Center, Los Angeles California Back in 1979, Manhattan Beach, California resident Agneta Nilsson decided to host a Christmas celebration in her home for Swedish friends and relatives. The event became so popular that it … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged Agneta Nilsson, Allen DeRico, Andreas Volmefjord, CA, California, cardamom, cheese, chef, Christmas Fair, cinnamon, cloves, coffee, Emma Ejwertz, flatbread, frestelse, glögg, gravlax, Hans Holbein, herring, Janssons, knäckebröd, LA, lingonberry, Los Angeles, meatballs, potatoes, Saint Lucy, Santa Lucia, Shrine Auditorium, Shrine Expo Center, sugar, SWEA, Sweden, Swedish, Swedish Women's Educational Association, temptation, Teodoro Cottrau, Västerbotten, Volmefiord Catering, wieners, wine, Zoégas Comments Off on Lucia, You Got Some ‘Splaining To Do