Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: eggplant
The Starry Night
Starry Kitchen Night at Tiara Café Los Angeles, California In the early days, Nguyen and Thi Tran ran an underground restaurant from the tiny confines of a North Hollywood apartment which was essentially a culinary speakeasy. As master of ceremonies … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Asian, banana suit, bass, CA, California, chicken, clay pot, crab, crispy tofu balls, curry, eggplant, Kitchen Ninja, L.A., LA, LA Street Food Fest, lemonade, Los Angeles, Malaysian, Nguyen Tran, noodles, rib eye, Starry Kitchen, Thi Tran, Tiara Cafe, underground, vodka Comments Off on The Starry Night
Veni, Vidi, Vino
Ombra Ristorante Studio City (Los Angeles), California Chef Michael Young has transformed the former Bollywood Cafe in Century City into a modern, formal but friendly classic Italian restaurant featuring the cuisine he perfected cutting his teeth at Il Grano, Valentino, … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Agnolotti al Plin, arancini, Arneis, Barbera D'Asti, beef, CA, California, caponata, Castiglione Barolo, Century City, cheese, chef, eggplant, Italian, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Michael Young, Ombra, pairing, panna cotta, Parmesan, Paso Prime, Paso Robles, Perbacco Nebbiolo, radicchio, ravioli, rice, ricotta, risotto, Ristorante, Santa Maria, Santa Ynez, Sicilian, spezzatino, stew, Tre Vigne, tuna, veal, Vietti, vitello tonnato, wine 2 Comments
Urbano Pizza Bar Los Angeles, California Does Los Angeles really need a new pizza joint? Well, it couldn’t hurt. There are a plethora of pizzerias throwing their dough in the ring but coming up short when it comes to churning … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged bacon, balsamic, basil, butter, CA, California, caponata, cheese, chef, corn, eggplant, fingerling, Ilan Hall, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, meatball, mushroom, pesto, pizza, pizzeria, potatoes, prosciutto, pumkin, puree, scimmietta, spinach, squash, The Gorbals, Top Chef, Urbano Pizza Bar, wood fired oven Comments Off on Urban Renewal
The 2011 Anatolian Cultures and Food Festival Costa Mesa, California There is a high degree of probability that the average man on the street with an American public school education couldn’t tell you who or what the Anatolians were; you’re … Continue reading
Posted in Middle East, Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged Abdulhamid Ozcan, açma, Ali Nazik, Anatolia, Anatolian Cultures and Food Festival, Antalya, Armenia, bağlama, bazaar, börek, CA, California, cheese, chef, chickpea, Civilizations Road, Corum, Costa Mesa, Demre, dondurma, eggplant, evil eye, fairgrounds, Ferhat Atli, Fountain of Ahmet, Georgia, gözleme, Greece, güllaç, Hacilar, Hatay, Iran, Iraq, Istanbul, kasarli tavuk köfte, Konya, künefe, leblebisi, lemonade, lokma, mantı, Mardin, mehter, mehterân, Mevlevi Order, Nabulsi, nazar, OC, Orange County, Ottoman Empire, Ottoman Marching Band, Persia, Roman, Sama, Seljuk, sticky ice cream, Sufi, sultan, Sureyya Gokeri, Syria, tantuni, Topkapi Palace, Türk kahvesi, Turkish coffee, Tűrkiye, Van, whirling dervish, yogurt 2 Comments
Drunks Along The Mohawk
Mohawk Bend Echo Park (L.A.), California Leave it to Tony Yanow, the producer behind the hit “Tony’s Darts Away” in Burbank, California to debut his next project in the resurrection of a 100 year-old vaudeville house in Los Angeles’ hip, … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged Abe Froman, absinthe, bacon, beer lights, Burbank, CA, calamari, California, craft beer, crostado, date, Dork, duck, Echo Park, egg, eggplant, Flash Gordon, flatbread, Holy Trinity, ink, JJ Kale, kale, L.A., LA, licorice, Los Angeles, Margarita, Mohawk Bend, mozzarella, pizza, pork, squid, tempura, Tony Yanow, Tony's Darts Away, vegan, vegetables, vegetarian, vintage 4 Comments