Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: Quebec
Everybody’s Gone Surfin’ – Surfin’ Montréal
Habitat 67 Montréal, Québec, Canada While climbing aboard your calèche along Rue de la Commune in Montréal’s Old Port, you may catch a glimpse of what looks like brownish-grey freight containers hastily stacked about 12 layers high across an artificial … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal Tagged apartment, Canada, Cité du Havre, Corran Addison, Expo 67, Habitat 67, Montreal, Moshe Safdie, Pont de la Concorde, Quebec, Saint Lawrence, Saint-Laurent, Ste Laurent, surfboard, surfing, wave, World's Fair Comments Off on Everybody’s Gone Surfin’ – Surfin’ Montréal
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Poutine
P’tit Soleil Los Angeles (Westwood), California I admit up front that I can come across sounding like a broken record decrying the aberration that is passed off as poutine in Southern California, truly a slap in the face to foreign … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Bakery, beer, Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel, CA, California, Canada, Canadian, cheese, chef, classique, cognac, Crevettes Heather, curds, Ding Dong, Drake's, duck cake, Dulton, egg roll, French Canadian, French fries, Galvaude, Gâteau au Canard, gravy, Harissa, Hostess, L.A., Los Angeles, Luc Alarie, Malik, Marat, Mario, meat pie, Merguez, pastry, poutine, P’tit Soleil, Quebec, Québécois, Roule de Choux, Route des Epices, sausage, shrimp, Simon Chen, Soleil Westwood, squeak, Tastykakes, tourtière, Vachon, Westwood Comments Off on I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Poutine
Fairmount Bagel and St-Viateur Bagel Shop Montréal QC, Canada Through the ages, mankind has been faced with difficult choices: paper or plastic; Mary Anne or Ginger; Almond Joy or Mounds. One of these disputes that has yet to be settled … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal Tagged Airport, Avenue Fairmount, ayer Lewkowicz, Bagel, Bagel Bar, bagels, Canada, Fairmount, Isadore Shlafman, J. A. Moisan, Jack Shlafman, Marche Atwater, Marche Jean-Talon, Montreal, Montréal-Trudeau, oven, poppy seeds, poppy seedsBagel, QC, Quebec, Saint Viateur, Schwartz's Deli, Seligman, sesame, St-Viateur, wood-fired Comments Off on Bagel Wars
A Fine Mess You’ve Gotten Us Into
Poutine Canada The United States purports to be a strategic partner and ally to our neighbor to the north, but if we hope to improve relations between the two countries, we’d better start producing a better homage to the de … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal, Portland, Oregon, Québec, Southern California Tagged A&W, Acadian, Au Pied de Cochon, brown sauce, Burger King, Canada, Cartopia, casse-croûtes, cheddar, cheese, Chez Ashton, chicken gravy, classique, curds, Dulton, Fernand Lachance, French fries, Galvaude, gravy, hot dogs, Italian, La Banquise, Lafleur, Lester's Deli, Martin Picard, McDonalds, Michigan, Montreal, Oregon, PFK, Portland, Potato Champion, Poulet Frit a la Kentucky, poutine, Pub McCarold, Quebec, Redondo Beach Cafe, Restaurant Hachoir, smoked meat Comments Off on A Fine Mess You’ve Gotten Us Into
Orange You Glad You Stopped
Gibeau Orange Julep Montréal, Québec, Canada Florida and California are synonymous with citrus fruit, and in particular, oranges; it would be a fair (yet incorrect) assumption that the sweet and juicy orb originated there (it is thought to originally have … Continue reading
Posted in Canada, Montréal, Montréal Tagged Canada, Creamsicle, Gibeau Orange Julep, hamburgers, Hermas Gibeau, hotdogs, Michigans, Montreal, Nathan's, Orange, Orange Bang, Orange Julep, Orange Julius, poutine, QC, Quebec 2 Comments