Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: Bakery
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Poutine
P’tit Soleil Los Angeles (Westwood), California I admit up front that I can come across sounding like a broken record decrying the aberration that is passed off as poutine in Southern California, truly a slap in the face to foreign … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Bakery, beer, Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel, CA, California, Canada, Canadian, cheese, chef, classique, cognac, Crevettes Heather, curds, Ding Dong, Drake's, duck cake, Dulton, egg roll, French Canadian, French fries, Galvaude, Gâteau au Canard, gravy, Harissa, Hostess, L.A., Los Angeles, Luc Alarie, Malik, Marat, Mario, meat pie, Merguez, pastry, poutine, P’tit Soleil, Quebec, Québécois, Roule de Choux, Route des Epices, sausage, shrimp, Simon Chen, Soleil Westwood, squeak, Tastykakes, tourtière, Vachon, Westwood Comments Off on I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Poutine
Dollars To Donuts
The Trippy Food Doughnut Extravaganza The ubiquitous doughnut is the staple of office meetings across the country, Homer Simpson’s superfood, and makes all the cops in the doughnut shops go, “Way-o, way-o”; it seems as though the lowly ring of … Continue reading
Posted in USA Tagged baked, Bakery, Beach City Baked Donuts, Bellflower Bagels, Big Donut, Blue Star Donuts, CA, cake, California, Cat Daddy, chef, Chicken Charlie's, Dale's, DD's, donut, doughnut, Dunkies, Dunkin' Donuts, fauxnut, fōnuts, Glendora, green tea, Hanson Gregory, Hot Now, Inglewood, Japan, Japanese, Jim Nakano, Kane's, Kindle's, Krispy Kreme, L.A., LA, La Puente, Los Angeles, Luther Burger, maple bacon, Maple Bacon Bar, Massachuesttss, Micah Camden, Monica May, mung bean, Nancy Truman, National Doughnut Day, NE, Nebraska, Nickel Diner, Omaha, Open Kettle, Oregon, peach, Pelton, Pogson, Portland, potato, Quincy, raised, Randy's, red velvet, Round Rock, Salt Lake City, Salvation Army, Saugus, Spudnut, steamed, strawberry, Swirls, Texas, Texas Donuts, The Donut Hole, The Donut man, Tim Horton's, Tres Shannon, TX, uji-kin, UT, Utah, Vernon Rudolph, Voodoo Doll, Voodoo Doughnuts, Waylynn Lucas, Weintraub, William Rosenburg 6 Comments
Taco Tuesdays at The Abbey West Hollywood, California Who wouldn’t want to see Tuesdays wiped off the map, that useless pretender of a weekday nestled between the punishing, seventh level of hell day of reckoning we call Monday and the … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Southern California Tagged ahi, Bakery, CA, California, carnitas, cheese, chicken, chile, Christina Aguilera, cilantro, coffee, Daniel Emaleh, David Cooley, ding dongs, executive chef, feta, fish, Food and Bar, Jidori, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Mangalitssa, Margarita, olive oil, pigs, poblano, pork, red velvet, rosemary, steak, Sweet Lady Jane, Taco Tuesdays, tacos, The Abbey, thyme, West Hollywood Comments Off on Dear Abbey
19th Annual Taste of Solvang / Solvang Centennial Celebration Solvang, California When Solvang, California was incorporated in the Santa Ynes Valley by three Danish educator expatriates in 1911 it could have passed for any other fledgling west coast town at … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged 1911, ableskiver, Bakery, batter, beer, Belgian, Bit O' Denmark, Bring Your Own Picnic, CA, California, Carlsberg, Centennial, danish, Denmark, dog biscuits, frikadeller, Greenhouse Café, Havarti, IPA, kringles, Lemos, meatballs, medisterpølse, Mortensen's, Olsen's, Olsen's Danish Village Bakery, pancake, Paula's Pancake House, Peeps, pork, red cabbage, Red Viking, Santa Ynes, sausage, smorgasbord, Solvang, Solvang Brewing Company, Solvang Restaurant, Taste of Solvang, Walking Smörgåsbord, wheat, windmill, wine tasting, æbleskiver 2 Comments
Fellowship of the Ring
Rosca de Reyes Mexico I was aware of the tradition of the King Cake, a Mardi Gras staple decorated with familiar gold, green and purple icing and hiding a tiny plastic baby Jesus like some confectionary Cracker Jack pastry where … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged Alex Peña, Bakemark, Bakery, bolillos, breadRosca de Reyes, Brioche des Rois, butter, CA, California, Candlemas, Catholic, cherries, chocolate, Christmas, cinnamon, conchas, corn, December, Día de La Candelaria, egg, Epiphany, Fat Tuesday, February, figs, flour, green apple, guava, Herod, January, Jesus, King, King Cake, Kings' Ring, L.A., LA, La Morenita, Los Angeles, Maraschino, Mardi Gras, masa, Mexican, Mexico, pan dulce, panettone, paste, plastic baby, proofer, quince, ring, shortening, sugar, syrup, tamales, tradition, wise men 7 Comments