Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: smorgasbord
Some Assembly Required
Scandinavian food at IKEA If the first thing you think of at the mention of the name “IKEA” is throwing a half-assembled particle-board desk down a flight of stairs with bruised knuckles and cut fingers, you’re not alone; for decades … Continue reading
Posted in Scandinavia Tagged Abba, Bistro, cheese, coffee, crawfish, crisp bread, elder flower, fish, flatbread, glögg, herring, IKEA, julbord, knäckebröd, lingonberry, Matjes, meatballs, Prästost, Restaurant, roe, salted licorice, Scandinavian, smorgasbord, Sweden, Swedish Food Market, UTZ Comments Off on Some Assembly Required
Everything Old Is New Again
Putnam Pantry, Danvers, Massachusetts Fair Oaks Pharmacy, South Pasadena, California Restaurants such as Boston’s historic Union Oyster House and Madrid’s centuries-old Sobrino de Botín have expanded over the years yet still maintain the rustic charm of antiquity. In a time … Continue reading
Posted in New England, Southern California Tagged banana split, Barq's, Bunker Hill, CA, California, candy, colonial, Danvers, Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes, egg cream, Fair Oaks Pharmacy, General Israel Putnam, ice cream, ice cream soda, Joplin, MA, Massachusetts, McGee Pharmacy, Meredith and Michael Miller, Missouri, MO, parlor, parrots, Pasadena, phosphate, Putnam House, Putnam Pantry, Revolutionary War, rickey, route 66, Salem Village, smorgasbord, soda fountain, soda jerk, South, sundae Comments Off on Everything Old Is New Again
19th Annual Taste of Solvang / Solvang Centennial Celebration Solvang, California When Solvang, California was incorporated in the Santa Ynes Valley by three Danish educator expatriates in 1911 it could have passed for any other fledgling west coast town at … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged 1911, ableskiver, Bakery, batter, beer, Belgian, Bit O' Denmark, Bring Your Own Picnic, CA, California, Carlsberg, Centennial, danish, Denmark, dog biscuits, frikadeller, Greenhouse Café, Havarti, IPA, kringles, Lemos, meatballs, medisterpølse, Mortensen's, Olsen's, Olsen's Danish Village Bakery, pancake, Paula's Pancake House, Peeps, pork, red cabbage, Red Viking, Santa Ynes, sausage, smorgasbord, Solvang, Solvang Brewing Company, Solvang Restaurant, Taste of Solvang, Walking Smörgåsbord, wheat, windmill, wine tasting, æbleskiver 2 Comments
Can I Get a Danish With That?
Solvang, California Smörgåsbord (The Red Viking) Danish pastry (Olsen’s, Mortensen’s) Today Solvang, California closely resembles a Capraesque Epcot Center pavilion where you’re lucky if you hear anyone speaking Danish. But don’t give up hope – although the city is rife … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged California, danish, Mortensen's, pastry, Red Viking, smorgasbord, Solvang 4 Comments