Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: shrimp
The Deep Blue C
Blue C Sushi Los Angeles (Hollywood), California It would be wrong to dismiss Blue C Sushi as just another conveyor belt sushi joint, although they have literally taken the epithet “sushi train” to the next level. Seattleites have been familiar … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged ahi, anchovy, Arclight, baked potato, Blue C Sushi, CA, Caesar salad, California, chef, Chiyoda, conveyor belt, edamame, Hollywood, Iron Chef, Jeffrey Lunak, Junya Enoki, Kumamoto, Los Angeles, Masaharu, Morimoto, oysters, RFID, roll, sake, Seattle, shishito, shrimp, subway, sushi, Tokyo, train, tuna, yellowtail Comments Off on The Deep Blue C
Let The Paiché Bite Cha
Paiché Peruvian Izakaya Marina del Rey, California The fish approaches slowly, methodically – at three feet in length, the torpedo-like paiché (more commonly known as arapaima) is yet a juvenile, but his hinged jaw is capable of wreaking havoc on … Continue reading
Posted in Peru, Southern California Tagged aji, albacore, amaebi, Amazon, anticucho, arapaima, Asian, CA, California, chef, fish, huacatay, Japanese, Lima on Fire, Marina Del Rey, miso, pacu, paiche, Paiche Peruvian Izakaya, Peru, piranha, ponzu, potato, quinoa, rib, Ricardo Zarate, shrimp, tuna tartare, yucca 2 Comments
Cafe Noir Is The New Black
Cafe Noir Santa Monica, California Santa Monica’s Cafe Noir stealthily hides in the open, a converted ninja bistro dressed in black and only slightly hinting at its former life as Madame Chou Chou on artsy and hipster Main Street. One … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged beet salad, Bistro, black, blue, bone marrow, bouillabaisse, CA, Cafe Noir, California, chanterelle, cheese, chef, chocolate, crudo, duxelle, fish, French, hamachi, lamb shank, lobster, Madame Chou Chou, Main Street, Manila clams, mushrooms, mussels, paella, pork belly, Portobello, saffron, santa monica, shitake, shrimp, soufflé, squid, St. Agur, trout, Vincent Carneau Comments Off on Cafe Noir Is The New Black
I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Poutine
P’tit Soleil Los Angeles (Westwood), California I admit up front that I can come across sounding like a broken record decrying the aberration that is passed off as poutine in Southern California, truly a slap in the face to foreign … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Bakery, beer, Brasserie Dieu Du Ciel, CA, California, Canada, Canadian, cheese, chef, classique, cognac, Crevettes Heather, curds, Ding Dong, Drake's, duck cake, Dulton, egg roll, French Canadian, French fries, Galvaude, Gâteau au Canard, gravy, Harissa, Hostess, L.A., Los Angeles, Luc Alarie, Malik, Marat, Mario, meat pie, Merguez, pastry, poutine, P’tit Soleil, Quebec, Québécois, Roule de Choux, Route des Epices, sausage, shrimp, Simon Chen, Soleil Westwood, squeak, Tastykakes, tourtière, Vachon, Westwood Comments Off on I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream For Poutine
A Fair Fare Affair
The 2012 Orange County Fair Costa Mesa, California The Orange County Fair has firmly entrenched itself into Southern California culture as the bellwether of the often lunatic cuisine represented at the other area county fairs. In recent years they have … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged bacon.chicken-fried bacon, Biggie's Meat Market, CA, California, Caveman Turkey Leg, chicken, Chicken Charlie's, coffee, Costa Mesa, Dominic Palmyra, fair, Funnel Cakes, gelato, gouda, Hussong's, La Super Costilla, maple bacon doughnut, Maui, Meat-on-Meat Dog, mushroom, OC, Orange County, pineapple, pork, Porkabello, potato chips, red velvet, shrimp, SPAM, Tasti Chips, Texas Donuts, Texas Tenderloin, The Big Rib, Toucan Comments Off on A Fair Fare Affair