Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: yucca
Tower Of Flour
Pica Pica Maize Kitchen San Francisco, California It may come as a surprise that some of the most ingenious inventions or discoveries made over the years were not the by-product of countless man-hours slaving over a hot Bunsen burner, but … Continue reading
Posted in San Francisco Tagged Adriana Lopez Vermut, arepa, beef, CA, California, chef, chicken, corn, Diablo Queen, guava, Leopoldo Lopez Gil, Maize Kitchen, Mojo, Monica Varela, Pica Pica, pork, salsa, San Francisco, South American, The Castro, Tom Carlaccini, Venezuela, Venezuelan, yucca 2 Comments
Let The Paiché Bite Cha
Paiché Peruvian Izakaya Marina del Rey, California The fish approaches slowly, methodically – at three feet in length, the torpedo-like paiché (more commonly known as arapaima) is yet a juvenile, but his hinged jaw is capable of wreaking havoc on … Continue reading
Posted in Peru, Southern California Tagged aji, albacore, amaebi, Amazon, anticucho, arapaima, Asian, CA, California, chef, fish, huacatay, Japanese, Lima on Fire, Marina Del Rey, miso, pacu, paiche, Paiche Peruvian Izakaya, Peru, piranha, ponzu, potato, quinoa, rib, Ricardo Zarate, shrimp, tuna tartare, yucca 2 Comments
Night Of The Iguana
Iguana Central and South America I have three pet peeves that make me cringe each time they are executed by food writers – the first being the mortal sin of using the possessive apostrophe for plurality; the second is lauding … Continue reading
Posted in South and Central America Tagged allspice, bamboo chicken, Caribbean, Central America, chayote, chicken, chiles, coconut, Deep End Dining, Eddie Lin, ExoticMeatMarket.com, Florida, hearts of palm, hibiscus, Iguana, jerk, mango, reptile, seasoning, Serrano, South American, tastes like chicken, tree chicken, yuca frites, yucca Comments Off on Night Of The Iguana
Selling Brazil by the Pound
Brazilian buffet Libra By The Pound, Culver City CA When I received an invitation to try Marcelo Ahn’s new Brazilian eatery, it was described as “Brazilian buffet”. I couldn’t get the image out of my head of a mutant cross … Continue reading
Posted in Brazil, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged Brazil, buffet, Fogo de Chao, Guaraná Antarctica, Libra, linguica, Marcelo Ahn, picanha, yucca 5 Comments