Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: West Hollywood
Prose and Kahn’s
Red Med at Formosa West Hollywood, California Of late, the Hollywood hotspot that once was the place to see and be seen has been looking a little long in the tooth; back in 1925 when boxer Jimmy Bernstein turned a … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Adam Fleischman, CA, California, chef, chicken wings, coffee, Formosa, Formosa Cafe, Handsome, Jimmy Bernstein, Jordan Kahn, Nuoc Leo, papaya, Red Car, Red Med, Red Medicine, rice cakes, rock shrimp, steak tartare, Taiwan, West Hollywood Comments Off on Prose and Kahn’s
Taco Tuesdays at The Abbey West Hollywood, California Who wouldn’t want to see Tuesdays wiped off the map, that useless pretender of a weekday nestled between the punishing, seventh level of hell day of reckoning we call Monday and the … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Southern California Tagged ahi, Bakery, CA, California, carnitas, cheese, chicken, chile, Christina Aguilera, cilantro, coffee, Daniel Emaleh, David Cooley, ding dongs, executive chef, feta, fish, Food and Bar, Jidori, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Mangalitssa, Margarita, olive oil, pigs, poblano, pork, red velvet, rosemary, steak, Sweet Lady Jane, Taco Tuesdays, tacos, The Abbey, thyme, West Hollywood Comments Off on Dear Abbey
The Fresh Prince of West Hollywood
fresheast West Hollywood (Los Angeles) CA I have to admit that I was experiencing slight trepidation about passing through the doors of fresheast in West Hollywood for a media tasting; from the outside it looked like it was going to … Continue reading
Posted in Asia, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged avocado, beef, beet, bulgogi, CA, California, chef, chicken, coconut, Fresheast, garlic, Jidori, Jonathan Schwichtenberg, juice, Korean, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, miso, noodles, palak paneer, palm fronds, shrimp, sorbets, West Hollywood Comments Off on The Fresh Prince of West Hollywood
The Italian Job
Cecconi’s West Hollywood (Los Angeles) California Los Angeles is a multi-cultural mélange of ethnicity represented by people with roots around the globe, but unlike major cities on the east coast there’s a lack of an Italian presence. Back on the … Continue reading
Posted in Europe, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged agnolotti, Aperol, bones, bruschetta, CA, California, calzone, cannoli, Cecconi's, cheese, cicchetti, crab, crostini, crudo, Dover sole, fava, Gennaro, gnocchi, Gorgonzola, Italian, Italy, L.A., Los Angeles, marrow, meatballs, Pecorino, peppers, prawn, profiterole, risotto, Saint Anthony, sea bream, shishito, tuna, West Hollywood, zucchini flowers Comments Off on The Italian Job
Night+Market West Hollywood CA For over three decades, the Yenbamroong family has been a fixture on the Los Angeles restaurant scene with a fleet of Thai restaurants, mostly catering to Western tastes. At the beginning of 2011, heir to the … Continue reading
Posted in Asia, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged CA, California, catfish tamale, chicken, chicken wings, chiengrai, chile, condensed milk, fish sauce, garlic, hog collar, Hollywood, ice cream sandwich, kao kluk gapi, Key Club, Kris, kua gling, larb gai, lychee, Night Market, Night+Market, noom, Nuoc mam, old-fashioned, pig ears, pig tails, pork, pork toro, sai krok isaan, sai uah, satay, sausage, shrimp chips, street food, Sunset Strip, Talesai, Thai, Thai martini, West Hollywood, Yenbamroong 4 Comments