Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: peppers
Papaya salad Mae Ting’s Coconut Cakes Los Angeles, California A row of carports tucked into a bamboo and umbrella-shaded corner of a parking lot in an industrial swath of Los Angeles is not the first place one would think to … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged CA, California, coconut, coconut cakes, fish balls, Jonathan Gold, kanom khrok, L.A., LA, LAX-C, Los Angeles, Mae Ting, mu ping, papaya, peppers, pork, salad, som tam, spice, street food, Thai, Thailand Comments Off on Old Spice
I Do! I Like Them, Sam-I-Am!
Sammy’s Woodfired Pizza and Grill California/Nevada Do you like vegetarian and vegan that’s not shaped like SPAM? Will you eat pizza in a pan from a wood-fired oven, if you can? I love to eat meat, this is true but … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Bibb, CA, California, chicken, cotton candy, duck, El Segundo, ginger, gluten-free, hummus, Japanese, kefir, La Jolla, lettuce, meat, meatballs, Nevada, peppers, pizza, quinoa, salad, Sami Ladeki, Sammy's Woodfired Pizza and Grill, shishito, tacos, tapas, tare, vegan, vegetables, vegetarian 1 Comment
Johnny Pacific Winnetka, California John Walquist was born into the food service industry and grew to love surfing; almost a decade ago he merged those two methodologies into a modest and casual establishment whose gruff exterior in a miniature strip … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged aioli, Andouille, barbecue, basil, BBQ, beef, CA, Cajun, California, cheese, chicken, chimichurri, chipotle, chocolate, chorizo, coconut, crust, dessert, dipping sauce, empanada, ham, Johnny Pacific, Kailua, Monterey Jack, mushroom, onions, peppers, poblano, pork, potato, satay, sausage, spinach, surfing, sweet and sour, Thai, tinga, vegetable, veggie, Winnetka Comments Off on Here’s Johnny
The Italian Job
Cecconi’s West Hollywood (Los Angeles) California Los Angeles is a multi-cultural mélange of ethnicity represented by people with roots around the globe, but unlike major cities on the east coast there’s a lack of an Italian presence. Back on the … Continue reading
Posted in Europe, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged agnolotti, Aperol, bones, bruschetta, CA, California, calzone, cannoli, Cecconi's, cheese, cicchetti, crab, crostini, crudo, Dover sole, fava, Gennaro, gnocchi, Gorgonzola, Italian, Italy, L.A., Los Angeles, marrow, meatballs, Pecorino, peppers, prawn, profiterole, risotto, Saint Anthony, sea bream, shishito, tuna, West Hollywood, zucchini flowers Comments Off on The Italian Job
Love Potion Number 9
Chinese aphrodisiac dinner Hop Woo, Chinatown, Los Angeles I suppose before we get started I’ll preface this article with a warning to children, librarians and members of the clergy – I will be using the word “penis”. Repeatedly. Before you … Continue reading
Posted in Asia, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged aphrodisiac, Arianna Armstrong, bacon-wrapped, balls, berries, bull, bull penis, bull penis soup, CA, California, Chef Lupe Liang, chicken nuts, Chinatown, Chinese, cock, deer, dinner, Eddie Lin, eel, Food Truck Times, gonads, GrapeSmart, greens, Hop Woo, L.A., LA, leeks, LIVE FAST, lobster, Los Angeles, Magazine, noodlesgoji, penile, penis, peppers, pork, pork sword, rice, roe, rooster fries, sea urchin, seaweed, sexual organs, soup, star melon, The Minty, uni, Valentine's Day, venison, Vivianne Lapointe, Westminster 3 Comments