Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: avocado
Val’s Big Adventure
The Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA, Ray’s and Stark Bar Los Angeles CA If Tim Burton was a band he’d undoubtedly be Pink Floyd – the nonsensical absurdity of Syd Barrett folded into the childhood angst and lament of Roger … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California, USA Tagged Allan Benton bacon, avocado, Batman, bay scallops, Beetlejuice, boudin blanc, CA, chile relleno, Don Martin, Dr. Burton, Edward Scissorhands, Ellen Palevsky Cup Collection, gnudi, golden watermelon, L.A., LA, LACMA, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Nightmare Before Christmas, okra, pork belly, quail, rabbit, Ray's and Stark Bar, razor clams, ricotta, The Corpse Bride, Tim Burton 4 Comments
The Fresh Prince of West Hollywood
fresheast West Hollywood (Los Angeles) CA I have to admit that I was experiencing slight trepidation about passing through the doors of fresheast in West Hollywood for a media tasting; from the outside it looked like it was going to … Continue reading
Posted in Asia, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged avocado, beef, beet, bulgogi, CA, California, chef, chicken, coconut, Fresheast, garlic, Jidori, Jonathan Schwichtenberg, juice, Korean, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, miso, noodles, palak paneer, palm fronds, shrimp, sorbets, West Hollywood Comments Off on The Fresh Prince of West Hollywood
The Scarlet Letter
Red O Restaurant Los Angeles CA In mid-2010, celebrity chef Rick Bayless decided to expand his empire past Chicago and offer Mexican fine dining at Red O in the city just north of where they simply call Mexican food “food” … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged 123, agua fresca, al Guajillo, amaranth, añejo, avocado, blanco, Bloody Mary, brunch, CA, California, caramel, chilaquiles, churros, crab, Dungeness, eggs, garden, Garrett, granola, guacamole, Huevos a la Mexicana, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Mexican, Mexico, Michelada, mixologist, Montulenos, popcorn, Red O, reposado, Restaurant, Rick Bayless, shrimp, squid, Steve Calabro, tequila, The Scarlet Letter, tomatillo, tortilla, watermelon 1 Comment
24th Annual California Avocado Festival Carpinteria, California The ever-popular avocado originated in Puebla, Mexico, where the family patriarch can still be found locally in the form of the small, black, gourd-shaped fruit called “criollo”. The Spanish were the first to … Continue reading
Posted in Mexico, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), Trippy Happenings (Events), USA Tagged aguacate, alligator pear, avocado, buttermilk, cactus, California, Carpinteria, chayote, CJ Produce, Cold Stone Creamery, county, criollo, Fallbrook, Fallen Stars, festival, guacamole, guava, Guinness Book of World's Records, Hass, ice cream, Lilly Hoopz, Linden Ave, Lions Club, Mestizo, Mexico, Nahuatl, nopales, Puebla, Rainbow Ice Cream, San Diego, smoothie, teacake, testicle, tri-tip 1 Comment
Fair and Sunny
The 2010 Los Angeles County Fair Pomona, California As it has for generations before us, the thought of the county fair evokes images of crisp fall air, candy apples and cotton candy, midway games and admiring the results of agricultural … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged afterbirth, avocado, barn, burgers, California, Captain Hook, carnival, Charlie Boghosian, chicken, Chicken Charlie, county, crawfish, Deep End Dining, deep-fried, Dr. Bob's, Eddie Lin, etouffee, fair, frog legs, goats, Harold and Belle's, ice cream, Jack Sparrow, jambalaya, kielbasa, Klondike Bar, Krispy Kreme, livestock, Los Angeles, McDonalds, midway, Oreo, oxen, pigs, Pirate's Life, Pirates For Hire, placenta, Pomona, s'mores, sandwich, sausages, sheep, soy sauce, turkey legs, Twinkies, White Castle, yak 4 Comments