Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: rabbit
Then Came The Last Days Of June
Lazy Ox Canteen Los Angeles, California As the thunderous sound from the webbed feet of the Waterfowl of the Apocalypse rises above the horizon to herald California’s ban on foie gras (Senate Bill 1520 is slated to become law on … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged ban, beef, CA, California, carpaccio, Catalan, chef, El Bulli, Estrella Damm, Ferran Adria, flan, foie, foie gras, Forget Foie, ham, Ibérico de Bellota, Intelligencia coffee, L.A., Lazy Ox, Lazy Ox Canteen, liver, loin, lomo, longanisa, longaniza, Los Angeles, Michelada, monkfish, noodles, Nutella, octopus, pappardelle, peach, Perfecto Rocher, plum, pork, rabbit, ravioli, salad, sangria, Senate Bill 1520, shoulder, Spain, stone fruit, tagliatelle, Thomas Keller, torrija a la plancha, Valencia, waterfowl, yam 4 Comments
I Smell A Rat
Nutria (South America and Louisiana) L.A. Gastronauts at Villains Tavern, Los Angeles CA Despite the American romance with Cajun cuisine, the thought of Paul Prudhomme or Emeril Lagasse presenting a steaming platter of rat fricassée conjures up visions of restaurant … Continue reading
Posted in Gulf Coast States, South and Central America Tagged 2-Buck Chuck, boudin, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cajun, chef, cornbread, coypu, crawfish, Eddie Lin, Gastronauts, Jeffrey Thomas, King Cake, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Louisiana, maque choux, Nutria, pate, Peter Haller, rabbit, Rockefeller dressing, snapping turtle, South America, tomato pie, Villains Tavern Comments Off on I Smell A Rat
Val’s Big Adventure
The Tim Burton exhibit at LACMA, Ray’s and Stark Bar Los Angeles CA If Tim Burton was a band he’d undoubtedly be Pink Floyd – the nonsensical absurdity of Syd Barrett folded into the childhood angst and lament of Roger … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California, USA Tagged Allan Benton bacon, avocado, Batman, bay scallops, Beetlejuice, boudin blanc, CA, chile relleno, Don Martin, Dr. Burton, Edward Scissorhands, Ellen Palevsky Cup Collection, gnudi, golden watermelon, L.A., LA, LACMA, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Nightmare Before Christmas, okra, pork belly, quail, rabbit, Ray's and Stark Bar, razor clams, ricotta, The Corpse Bride, Tim Burton 4 Comments
That’s Some Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Pumpkin North America and elsewhere Although durian bears the title of the King of Fruit, the true crowned monarch is the world’s largest fruit, the pumpkin. Most people casually disregard the pumpkin as being only good for jack-o-lanterns and pies, … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged 12th Ave, 1621, ale, appletini, Artisanal L.A, Beaverton, Bistro, Buffalo Bill's Brewery, butternut squash, CA, California, Cartopia, coniglio, cranberries, Culver City, curry, diced, dumplings, food cart, fried, green onions, Hawthorne, Italian, jack-o-lantern, Los Angeles, Lucifer's, Marionberry, Mingo, OR, Oregon, pies, pizza, pod, Portland, prosciutto, pumpkin, pumpkin martini, puree, Puritan Chow, rabbit, raisins, ravioli, Rush Street, sausage, seeds, soup, spinach, squash, Tartist, The Round, turkey, Typhoon, Wampanoag, Whiffies, world's largest fruit, Zucha Comments Off on That’s Some Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown