Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: turkey
A Little Pizza My Heart
800 Degrees Los Angeles (Westwood), California 800 Degrees has enjoyed robust patronage since opening its doors early in 2012, primarily for delivering decent, inexpensive pizza quickly under chandelier light in a comfortable space on a bustling Westwood street corner. Henry … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged 800 Degrees, Anthony Carron, arugula, Autostrada, CA, caciocavallo, California, Carni, cheese, chef, dough, fontina, friarelli, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Neapolitan, olive, panini, panuozzo, Peperonata, pizza, rapini, Salsiccia, Salumi, sandwich, street food, turkey, Westwood Comments Off on A Little Pizza My Heart
I Am The Pumpkin King
Pumpkin (Part II) Last year around this time I posted an article on pumpkin highlighting some of the pumpkin-laden dishes I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy; virtually every part of every variety of pumpkin is edible, with each variety imparting … Continue reading
Posted in South and Central America, USA Tagged baked, chicken broth, Fresh and Easy, fries, jack-o-lantern, Lake Street Creamery, maxima, roasted, scimmietta, seeds, soup, steamed, Thanksgiving, turkey, Urbano Pizza Bar Comments Off on I Am The Pumpkin King
It’s Only A Model
Camelot truck Formerly somewhere on the road in the U.S. The Knights of the Round Table may eat ham and jam and SPAM a lot, but a pared-down food truck hauling a bevy of lords and ladies in medieval garb … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged Camelot, City Kitchen, drumsticks, festival, food truck, Henry VIII, herbs, Hollywood, Hollywood and Highland, King Arthur, knights, Los Angeles, medieval, Meleagris gallopavo, olive oil, Renaissance, roasted, Round Table, sage, Starz, tendons, turkey, turkey legs, Urban Palate, Westwood, Wilshire 4 Comments
Let’s Talk Turkey
Huber’s Cafe Portland, Oregon Portland is a quirky place that prides itself on being slightly off-center (and often a little off-kilter). Nowhere is this more obvious than downtown, where signs throughout the area urge Portlanders to “Keep Portland Weird”, with … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged 1879, 3rd Ave, BCS National Championship, beer bread, Bureau Saloon, convection oven, dinners, Frank Huber, Huber's, Jim Louie, Kahlúa, oldest, OR, Oregon, Oregon Ducks, Pioneer Building, Portland, pumpkin pie, Restaurant, Spanish coffee, Stark, Thanksgiving, turkey, Voodoo Donuts Comments Off on Let’s Talk Turkey
That’s Some Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Pumpkin North America and elsewhere Although durian bears the title of the King of Fruit, the true crowned monarch is the world’s largest fruit, the pumpkin. Most people casually disregard the pumpkin as being only good for jack-o-lanterns and pies, … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged 12th Ave, 1621, ale, appletini, Artisanal L.A, Beaverton, Bistro, Buffalo Bill's Brewery, butternut squash, CA, California, Cartopia, coniglio, cranberries, Culver City, curry, diced, dumplings, food cart, fried, green onions, Hawthorne, Italian, jack-o-lantern, Los Angeles, Lucifer's, Marionberry, Mingo, OR, Oregon, pies, pizza, pod, Portland, prosciutto, pumpkin, pumpkin martini, puree, Puritan Chow, rabbit, raisins, ravioli, Rush Street, sausage, seeds, soup, spinach, squash, Tartist, The Round, turkey, Typhoon, Wampanoag, Whiffies, world's largest fruit, Zucha Comments Off on That’s Some Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown