Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Category Archives: USA
I Went Down To The Crossroads
Quartzsite, Arizona Picture a place where quirkiness is de rigueur and places like Portland, Oregon; South Austin, Texas; Las Vegas, Nevada; and Venice Beach in Los Angeles immediately come to mind, but the unsung bastion of cheerful insanity is undoubtedly … Continue reading
Posted in Arizona Tagged Addicted to Deals, Arizona, AZ, belt buckle, Boogie-woogie, Calvary, camel driver, cemetery, cheese curds, chicken-fried steak, Fort Tyson, Hadji Ali, Hassler's, Hi Jolly, Interstate 10, jewelry, Main Trading Post, Mountain Quail Café, Nude, Paul Winer, Philip Tedro, Pianist, quartz, Quartzite, Reader's Oasis, rebar, Rock Capital of the World, RV, scone, silver, Sweet Pie, turquoise, Yacht Club Comments Off on I Went Down To The Crossroads
Looking For Mr. Goodsprings
Pioneer Saloon Goodsprings, Nevada The setting sun paints the Bird Spring range a muted orange as a lone vulture circles overhead; the sedan pulls into the dirt parking area with the only audible sounds being earth crunching under the tires … Continue reading
Posted in Nevada Tagged Carole Lombard, Clark Gable, Don Hedrick, George Fayle, ghost, Ghost Adventures, Goodsprings, Interstate 15, Jean, Las Vegas, Mount Potosi, Nevada, Noel Sheckells, NV, Paul Coski, Pioneer Saloon, Travel Channel Comments Off on Looking For Mr. Goodsprings
Musée Mécanique San Francisco, California Those old enough to remember the plethora of amusement parks and piers along the east and west coasts will undoubtedly recall the arcades and fun houses that were well-stocked with manual pinball machines, Skee Balls, … Continue reading
Posted in Northern California, San Francisco Tagged amusement park, arcade, Barber Shop Quart, Blazing Saddles, CA, California, Cliff House, Ed Zelinsky, Fisherman's Wharf, fortune teller, fun house, games, Jolly Jack, Laffing Sal, mechanical, Musée Mécanique, museum, mutoscopes, nickelodeons, Ocean Beach, orchestrion, peep show, Pier 45, pinball, player piano, Playland, Pong, San Francisco, Skee Ball, Toothpick Fantasy, Whac-A-Mole, Wurlitzer Comments Off on Machine Head
I Wish I Drove An Oscar Mayer Wiener
The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile When I explained to Hotdoggers Itzel “Schnitzel Itzel” Cruz and Kylie “Ketchup Kylie” Hodges that Trippy Food was born of the love of hitting the road less traveled with the search for unusual and interesting food, … Continue reading
Posted in USA Tagged Hotdogger, Oscar Mayer, RELSHME, shotbun, wiener, Wienermobile Comments Off on I Wish I Drove An Oscar Mayer Wiener
Stranger In A Strange Land
Disneyland Anaheim, California The Grand Canyon; Niagara Falls; The Space Needle; The Statue of Liberty – iconic symbols of what makes America a vast land of breathtaking wonder, and yet many Americans only dream about visiting these sites. I have … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Anaheim, Big Thunder Trail, CA, California, Captain EO, castle, Disney, Disneyland, Epcot Center, Fantasyland, fireworks, Frontierland, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, It's a Small World, Lincoln, Magic Kingdom, Main Street, Mark Twain Riverboat, Matterhorn, Mickey Mouse, New Orleans Square, Pirates of the Caribbean, River Cruise, Sailing Ship Columbia, Sleeping Beauty, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland, Walt Disney 2 Comments