Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: shoulder
Come On Piggy, Give Me A Ride
Lardo Portland, Oregon It takes thick skin to walk into either of Lardo’s Portland locations without somehow feeling that the name is a taunt directed at you rather than having been derived from the charcuterie offering of cured pork fat. … Continue reading
Posted in Portland, Oregon Tagged bacon, Capocollo, Cartopia, charcuterie, cheese, chef, cilantro, Cuban, Cubano, Dirty Fries, Double Burger, fat, food cart, fried egg, Hawthorne, kimchi, Korean, Lardo, Lardo Fries, OR, Oregon, Parmesan, pepperoncini, pig ear, PIG OUT, pod, pork, pork belly, Portland, Provolone, radicchio, Rick Gencarelli, sandwich, scrap, shoulder, Sugar Cube Sweets, Sunnyside, Washington Street Comments Off on Come On Piggy, Give Me A Ride
Then Came The Last Days Of June
Lazy Ox Canteen Los Angeles, California As the thunderous sound from the webbed feet of the Waterfowl of the Apocalypse rises above the horizon to herald California’s ban on foie gras (Senate Bill 1520 is slated to become law on … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged ban, beef, CA, California, carpaccio, Catalan, chef, El Bulli, Estrella Damm, Ferran Adria, flan, foie, foie gras, Forget Foie, ham, Ibérico de Bellota, Intelligencia coffee, L.A., Lazy Ox, Lazy Ox Canteen, liver, loin, lomo, longanisa, longaniza, Los Angeles, Michelada, monkfish, noodles, Nutella, octopus, pappardelle, peach, Perfecto Rocher, plum, pork, rabbit, ravioli, salad, sangria, Senate Bill 1520, shoulder, Spain, stone fruit, tagliatelle, Thomas Keller, torrija a la plancha, Valencia, waterfowl, yam 4 Comments
Of Cabbages And Kings
Kimchi Korea Mention kimchi and most thoughts turn towards the familiar chili-seasoned, fermented Napa cabbage (baechu kimchi) provided in various degrees of quality as an integral member of banchan in Korean restaurants. While it’s true that this rendition is the … Continue reading
Posted in Asia, Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna) Tagged !iT, ahi, anchovy, Asian pear, avian flu, baechu, banchan, Bistro, bo ssam, bokbunjajoo, bossam, CA, cabbage, California, Cham, chef, chili, chimichuri, chives, daikon, E. J., EJ, fermentation, fish sauce, Hama Hama, Jeans, Jeong, kale, kimchi, Kimmy Song, Korean, lactic acid, lactobacillus, makgeolli, mustard greens, Napa, oyster, Pasadena, peppers, persimmon, pork, porridge, radish, raspberry wine, rice wine, salt, seaweed, sesame leaves, shoulder, shrimp, superfood, tofu, tuna, Vernon, vitamins, yuzu 1 Comment