Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: chili
Chili Today, Hot Tamale
Chili John’s Burbank, California From the hand-painted, neon-accented sign on the top of the curved corner building to the Dorothy Gale red gingham checked curtains in the window, Burbank’s Chili John’s looks like a slice of Americana frozen in time. … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged 2-way, Alec, Anthony, beans, bulgur, Burbank, CA, California, cheese, chicken, chili, Chili John's, Cincinnati, Coneyspaghetti, Debbie, Ernie Isaac, Gene Loguercio, Green Bay, hot dog, John Isaac, Lockheed, Loguercio, oyster crackers, range, sloppy joe, Sloppy John, tamale, Texas, two-way, vegetarian, Verdugo Mountains, Wisconsin Comments Off on Chili Today, Hot Tamale
Who Let The Dogs Out?
Dog Haus Biergarten Pasadena, Californa It isn’t easy being an upstart tube steak joint within in the Los Angeles County environs with heavy competition from senior citizens such as Pink’s, Hot Dog on a Stick, et al., and it’s even … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged 80s, Abe Froman, aioli, Andouille, Biergarten, Big Ern McCracken, bratwurst, burger, CA, California, California Philharmonic, chef, chicken, chili, coleslaw, Dog Haus, Double Dog Dare, Festival on the Green, fries, Hagop Giragossian, Halloween, Hawaiian, Holy Aioli, hot dog, hot Italian, M80s, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Pasadena, PBR, rolls, Rose Bowl Margarita, sausage, Sooo Cali, tater tots, tube steak, Walter Manzke, wiener 5 Comments
Extreme Chef viewing party Café Pinot, Los Angeles CA I was unfamiliar with the Food Network’s show Extreme Chef until I received an invitation to a viewing party of the episode featuring Chef Kevin Meehan, the Executive Chef at L.A.’s … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged 29, Amigo’s Tortilla Bar, bison, blue corn, brisket, buffalo, burger, CA, cactus, Café Pinot, California, chef, chicken, chili, cowboy, Extreme Chef, Firewater, Food Network, gazpacho, Gina Clarke, ice cream, Kevin Meehan, Key West, L.A., Los Angeles, Malibu Seaside, meatballs, mille-feuille, palms, Paul Menta, rattlesnake, ribs, salad, smoked trout, snake, tequila, Twenty-nine, viewing party, wings Comments Off on Serpentine Fire
I Came, I Slaw, I Conquered
West Virginia hot dogs / slaw dogs West Virginia and the Carolinas Macaroni and cheese has never really worked for me as a comfort food, so it’s no big secret that nothing brings a smile to my face faster than … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged Atomic Dog, Big Bite, blue cheese slaw, Brewery, bun, CA, California, Carolina, Carolina Slaw Dog, chili, coleslaw, Cosmic Dog, Fab Hot Dogs, frank, Galactic Dog, hot dog, Jack's Cosmic Dogs, Mount Pleasant, mustard, Neutron Dog, Old Dominion, onions, Pasadena, Peckinpaw, red hot, reseda, root beer, SC, slaw dogs, slawdog, South Carolina, Soy Bomb, sweet potato mustard, Thai Slaw Dog, The Original, The Slaw Dogs, tube steak, vegetarian, West Virginia, West Virginia hot dog, wiener, WV 6 Comments
Cooper’s BBQ, Llano, TX Ben’s Chili Bowl, Washington, D.C. Checking out a restaurant that has been visited by a U.S. President comes complete with a variety of risks, including whether the food lives up to the hype and if an … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged Barack Obama, BBQ, beef, Ben Ali, ben's, Ben's Chili Bowl, Bill Clinton, brisket, Bush, butcher paper, chili, cobbler, Cooper's, D.C., George Cooper, George W. Bush, half smoke, Lake Buchanan, Llano, Martin Luther King Jr., Mason, Obama, pinto beans, pork, pork chops, potato salad, President, ribs, Sarkozy, sausage, sweet, tea, Terry Wooten, Texas, Tommy, TX, U Street, U.S., unsweet, Washington Comments Off on Executive Decision