Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: South Carolina
Martha Lou’s Kitchen/Bertha’s Kitchen Charleston, South Carolina Ask the epicurean aristocracy for the quintessential Charleston dining destination and the names will roll off the tongue with head held high; you’ll undoubtedly be directed to fine establishments such as McCrady’s, Husk, … Continue reading
Posted in U.S. South Tagged Albertha Grant, Bertha's, bread pudding, Charleston, cornbread, Debra Gadson, fig, fish, fried chicken, ham hocks, hamburger steak, Hominy Grill, Husk, Kitchen, lima beans, mac and cheese, macaroni and cheese, Martha Lou Gadson, Martha Lou's, McCrady's, North Charleston, okra soup, SC, South Carolina, Two Boroughs Larder Comments Off on Southern Comfort
She So Crabby
She-crab soup Charleston, South Carolina Charleston, South Carolina and its environs is a cultural microcosm, home to the historic culinary phenomenon known as lowcountry cuisine. This genre includes many dishes that are influenced by African and Caribbean cooking, often using … Continue reading
Posted in U.S. South, USA Tagged 82 Queen, African, biscuits, blue crab, Charleston, Charleston City Paper, crab soup, cuisine, lowcountry, roe, SC, She-crab, sherry, South Carolina Comments Off on She So Crabby
Little Bit O’ Soul
Ernie’s Restaurtant Charleston, South Carolina One of the areas lacking in my culinary repertoire is soul food – I have only on occasion enjoyed the basic, hearty, home-cooked food that truly makes you feel good. Soul food for me is … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged Charleston, Ernie's, fried chicken, lima beans, neck, pig, pork, rice, SC, soul food, South Carolina, sweet tea, tail, turkey necks Comments Off on Little Bit O’ Soul
I Came, I Slaw, I Conquered
West Virginia hot dogs / slaw dogs West Virginia and the Carolinas Macaroni and cheese has never really worked for me as a comfort food, so it’s no big secret that nothing brings a smile to my face faster than … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged Atomic Dog, Big Bite, blue cheese slaw, Brewery, bun, CA, California, Carolina, Carolina Slaw Dog, chili, coleslaw, Cosmic Dog, Fab Hot Dogs, frank, Galactic Dog, hot dog, Jack's Cosmic Dogs, Mount Pleasant, mustard, Neutron Dog, Old Dominion, onions, Pasadena, Peckinpaw, red hot, reseda, root beer, SC, slaw dogs, slawdog, South Carolina, Soy Bomb, sweet potato mustard, Thai Slaw Dog, The Original, The Slaw Dogs, tube steak, vegetarian, West Virginia, West Virginia hot dog, wiener, WV 6 Comments