Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Category Archives: Montréal
Fairmount Bagel and St-Viateur Bagel Shop Montréal QC, Canada Through the ages, mankind has been faced with difficult choices: paper or plastic; Mary Anne or Ginger; Almond Joy or Mounds. One of these disputes that has yet to be settled … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal Tagged Airport, Avenue Fairmount, ayer Lewkowicz, Bagel, Bagel Bar, bagels, Canada, Fairmount, Isadore Shlafman, J. A. Moisan, Jack Shlafman, Marche Atwater, Marche Jean-Talon, Montreal, Montréal-Trudeau, oven, poppy seeds, poppy seedsBagel, QC, Quebec, Saint Viateur, Schwartz's Deli, Seligman, sesame, St-Viateur, wood-fired Comments Off on Bagel Wars
A Fine Mess You’ve Gotten Us Into
Poutine Canada The United States purports to be a strategic partner and ally to our neighbor to the north, but if we hope to improve relations between the two countries, we’d better start producing a better homage to the de … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal, Portland, Oregon, Québec, Southern California Tagged A&W, Acadian, Au Pied de Cochon, brown sauce, Burger King, Canada, Cartopia, casse-croûtes, cheddar, cheese, Chez Ashton, chicken gravy, classique, curds, Dulton, Fernand Lachance, French fries, Galvaude, gravy, hot dogs, Italian, La Banquise, Lafleur, Lester's Deli, Martin Picard, McDonalds, Michigan, Montreal, Oregon, PFK, Portland, Potato Champion, Poulet Frit a la Kentucky, poutine, Pub McCarold, Quebec, Redondo Beach Cafe, Restaurant Hachoir, smoked meat Comments Off on A Fine Mess You’ve Gotten Us Into
Orange You Glad You Stopped
Gibeau Orange Julep Montréal, Québec, Canada Florida and California are synonymous with citrus fruit, and in particular, oranges; it would be a fair (yet incorrect) assumption that the sweet and juicy orb originated there (it is thought to originally have … Continue reading
Posted in Canada, Montréal, Montréal Tagged Canada, Creamsicle, Gibeau Orange Julep, hamburgers, Hermas Gibeau, hotdogs, Michigans, Montreal, Nathan's, Orange, Orange Bang, Orange Julep, Orange Julius, poutine, QC, Quebec 2 Comments
Maple Leaf Rag
Cabane à sucre (sugar shack) Québec Province, Northern New England Unless you were whelped and spent your formative years in the northern extremities of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont or in lower Québec Province, being misinformed as to what a … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal, New England, Québec, Saint Nicolas Tagged Au Pied du Cochon, Aunt Jemima, baked beans, cabane a sucre, Cafe Buade, chicharrón, corn, corn syrup, Coureur des Bois, crepes, egg, Eggspectation, érablière, Erabliere du Cap, Ernie Barnes, foie gras, Gilles Gosselin, ham, high fructose, Jean-Talon, Jimmy Gilmer, L' Érablière du Cap, Les Délices de l'Érable, lobster, Log Cabin, Maine, maple, Marche, Marche du Vieux-Port, Marche Jean-Talon, Martin Picard, meat pie, Montreal, Mrs. Butterworth, New England, New Hampshire, Nouvelle-France, omelet, oreilles de crisse, pancakes, pork rind, potatoes, pouding chômeur, Quebec, Québecers, Saint Nicolas, sap, sausage, squirrel, St-Nicolas, sugar, sugar bush, sugar house, sugar pie, sugar shack, syrup, table d'hôtepea soup, taffee, tap, tire d'érable, toffee, tourtière, Vermont, wooden spoons Comments Off on Maple Leaf Rag
smoked meat Schwartz’s Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen Montréal, Québec, Canada Canadian popular culture has been fraught with conundrums throughout the decades – friendly debates that quickly escalate from checking to high-sticking such as who was a better player, Jean Béliveau or … Continue reading
Posted in Montréal Tagged Ben Kravitz, ben's, bread, brisket, CA, California, Canada, David McMillan, deli, Lester's Deli, Montreal, Montreal Hebrew Delicatessen, poutine, QC, Quebec, Redondo Beach, Redondo Beach Cafe, Reuben Schwartz, rye, sandwich, Schwartz, Schwartz’s, smoked meat, Trudeau Airport 2 Comments