Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: tongue
Proud As A Peacock
Peafowl Indian subcontinent Very few of the animal kingdom’s royalty flaunt their status in such resplendent pageantry as the peafowl – the male of the species is easily recognized promenading its flashy, iridescent, feathery finery in a mock display of … Continue reading
Posted in India Tagged Arcadia, bird, blue peafowl, Botanical Gardens, CA, California, China, Cyrus the Great, dirty rice, Exotic Meat Market, foie gras, Frank Vanderlip, heart, Hindu, India, Indian, Jiangxi Zong Technology, Kamikaze Kitchen, Kyle Schutte, L.A., liver, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Arboretum, Lucky Baldwin, Musigny Conte de Vogué, organs, Palos Verde pigeons, Palos Verdes, peacock, Peafowl, peahen, Persia, Rancho Santa Anita, Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi, tongue, William Wrigley 2 Comments
It’s Creepy And It’s Kooky, Mysterious And Spooky
The Offally Spooky menu at Wood and Vine Hollywood (Los Angeles), California Spooky is a relative term; as it applies to cuisine, offal, entrails and otherwise questionable animal parts may evoke a gag reflex from Fear Factor contestants, while I … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged bacon, beef, beet salad, black pudding, blood, bread pudding, CA, calf, California, chef, Chopped, entrails, Gavin Mills, Hollywood, L.A., LA, lamb brain, liver, Los Angeles, marrow, offal, Offally Spooky, pie, pumpkin, ravioli, s weetbreads, shaved pig head, snout2tail, steak and kidney, Tavern, tongue, Westwood, Wood & Vine, Wood and Vine Comments Off on It’s Creepy And It’s Kooky, Mysterious And Spooky
Land Of The Free, Home Of The Brave
Dos Equis’ Feast of the Brave taco challenge Dos Equis recently issued a challenge across six cities across the U. S. to see which metropolis would step up to the plate and prove that they were the bravest food adventurers … Continue reading
Posted in USA Tagged 1000, Andrew Brooks, Austin, boar stomach, CA, California, Chicago, Dallas, Dominic Lau, Don Chow, Dos Equis, egg, Evelyn Arroyo, Feast of the Brave, gizzard, H-Town StrEATs, hog ear, Houston, Jack Garabedian, James Quinonez, Jason Hill, Jefe’s, L.A., LA, Lawrence Lie, Los Angeles, Matt Opaleski, Miami, Mystery Taco, One Taco, ostrich, Rock and Roll Tacos, Salvador Alcazar, taco, Taquero Fusion Chicago, thousand, tofu, tongue, year-old Comments Off on Land Of The Free, Home Of The Brave
Basque In The Sun
Epi’s: A Basque Restaurant, Meridian ID The northern area of the rugged Pyrenees range between Spain and France is the cradle of antiquity for the people known as Basque. This region includes Pamplona (world renowned for the annual Running of … Continue reading
Posted in Boise, Idaho, France, Spain Tagged Alberto Beresiartua, Basque, chef, chiles, chorizo, Chris, Christina Ansautagui, Epi Inchausti, Epi's, Epifania, gambak, Guernica, ID, Idaho, ink, ink fish, lamb, Meridian, mingaina, Pyrenees, sepia, shrimp, squid, tongue, tximinoiak Comments Off on Basque In The Sun