Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: alligator
You Can Call Me Al
Cassell’s Hamburgers Los Angeles, California In the never-ending battle for burger supremacy in Los Angeles, heavyweights such as Father’s Office, Umami Burger, Plan Check, and even In-N-Out duke it out over hot grills across the Southland; but if you were … Continue reading
Posted in Southern California Tagged Al Cassell, alligator, Aspen Ridge, burgers, CA, California, Cassell's, chef, Christian Page, chuck, Exotic Meat Market, Father's Office, ginger ale, grill, hamburgers, Hotel Normandie, In-N-Out, Koreatown, L.A., LA, Los Angeles, Patio, Plan Check, potato salad, prime, Umami Burger, USDA 1 Comment
Trippy Food Podcast #3: Florida Road Trip
In this podcast, Alie Herrera and I cover the highlights of a Florida road trip from Cocoa Beach down to Key West. Enjoy! [podcast]https://www.trippyfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Trippy-Food-podcast-003.mp3[/podcast]
Posted in Podcasts Tagged alligator, Coral Castle, Florida, Islamorada, Key West, lobster, road trip 1 Comment
Welcome to The Jungle
Pasadena, California Turtle and kangaroo (Luigi Ortega’s) With Pasadena’s Luigi Ortega’s being located directly across the street from Pasadena Community College, you would expect to see a noisy, college hangout. Sandwiches and pizza come as no surprise, nor does the … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Food (Tasty flora and fauna), USA Tagged alligator, California, exotic meat, kangaroo, Luigi Ortega, ostrich, Pasadena, skewer, taco, turtle 2 Comments
Gilroy, California Gilroy Garlic Festival There are several urban legends about Gilroy, California: that you can smell the town before you get to it, and that you can marinate a steak simply by hanging it from a clothesline. Although neither … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Happenings (Events) Tagged alligator, California, festival, garlic, Gilroy, ice cream, mushrooms 3 Comments
Florida, Land of The Giant Carnivores
Islamorada, Florida (World’s Largest Lobster) Christmas, Florida (World’s Largest Alligator) North Dakota is home to a fair number of the world’s largest beasts (at least in sculpture form), but Florida vies for runner-up status with several oversized local carnivores. Two … Continue reading
Posted in Trippy Trips (On the road and overseas, things to see along the way), USA Tagged alligator, Christmas, Florida, Islamorada, lobster, post office, worlds largest Comments Off on Florida, Land of The Giant Carnivores