Subscribe to Trippy Food’s YouTube
Follow Trippy Food on Facebook
Follow Trippy Food on Instagramhttps://instagram.com/val_trippyfood/
Trippy Food Sites
- Amy Scattergood L.A. Weekly’s Food Blog editor’s own site – not updated lately but some magnificent writing
- Biggest Menu Share Your Taste – a wide variety of global reader contributed menu items
- Epic Meal Time An over-the-top YouTube video channel featuring testosterone-fueled cooking
- Food Truck Times Real Reviews of the LA Lunch Trucks
- GrapeSmart Because Wine Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive to Be Good.
- Here, Eat This! Follow Kiki Maraschino on her adventures in Los Angeles and points beyond as she searches out the perfect catfish, the ultimate taco, and tries to avoid arrest.
- LA Foodie podcasts A great food-based audio program. LA Foodie is Drew Hubbard and Ben Waters, looking for the best eats in LA and usually finding them.
- Let Me Eat Cake Manila Machine co-founder. Cake lover. Donut fiend.
- Portland Monthly Magazine – Eat and Drink A definitive guide to dining in Portland, Oregon
- Sausages & the Like Everything you wanted to know about sausage from A to Z
- The Glutster A desmadroso food, booze and punk rock blog
- The Minty The Minty is a Los Angeles lifestyle blog focusing on the city’s dining, dating, arts and culture scenes.
- TV Food and Drink The blog that combines TV, food and drink for a cultural experience in your own home
- What The Fuck Should I Make For Dinner? A very vulgar and hilarious interactive site to help you choose what to make for dinner
- Exotic Meat Market.com Exotic Meat market invites you to celebrate life with their exotic wild game meats, the product of their passion and dreams.
- Hop Woo Chinese cuisine extraordinaire in Los Angeles’ Chinatown district
- Kali Dining Site for the underground restaurant in the L.A. area by Chef Kevin Meehan
- Lindy & Grundy Local, Pastured and Organic Meats – your Los Angeles butcher shop
Trippy Travel Sites
- America's Highway: Oral Histories of Route 66 An interactive Google map of Route 66
- Atlas Obscura The Atlas Obscura is the definitive guidebook and friendly tour-guide to the world’s most wondrous places.
- Hometown America Your Guide to Offbeat, Odd America Travel Attractions
- Kansas Travel & Tourism What to see and do in Kansas
- LIVE_F>A>S>T Magazine LIVE FAST (Fashion, Art, Sex and Travel) is an independent cultural magazine delivering exclusive fashion editorials, interviews with up & coming and established artists, and conversations about sex and travel
- North American Basque Organizations Where to get your Basque on
- Oscar Mayer's Hotdogger Blog Wienermobile tracker Want to see the Wienermobile? Here’s how
- RoadsideAmerica.com Your Online guide to Offbeat Tourist Attractions
- RoadsideArchitecture.com Buildings, Signs, Statues and More – If someone built it and it’s on the unusual side, you can find it here
- Travel Iowa: Quirky Sites and Stops Need we say more?
- Trippy.com A site where you can pin and share travel ideas in pictures
Tag Archives: METI
Soba Damn Good
Posted on February 17, 2012 by Val
Common Grains Soba Pop-Up Soba-Ya, Torrance CA Growing up in an Italian household indoctrinated me into the diverse world of pasta from anellini to ziti; however, my experience with Asian pasta has been largely limited to lo mein and Korean … Continue reading →
Posted in Japan, Southern California | Tagged buckwheat, CA, California, chef, Common Grains, cookies, Cool Japan, Japan, Japanese, Japanese Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry, METI, Morozoff, mushroom, Mutsuko Soma, noodles, oil, pasta, pop-up, rice, Shinmei, soba, Soba-Ya, sobayu, Sonoko Sakai, Taiyaki, Torrance, truffle, tsuyu, walnut, white, zaru | Comments Off on Soba Damn Good